Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Amal 276 jet block

Hi, my Amal 276 C/1B carb, fitted to my WM20 has a 30T jet block
fitted to it. I believe it’s is supposed to have a 45 jet block.
Does anyone know if the above info. is correct please and what is the difference between the jet blocks listed above?

Re: Amal 276 jet block

Tim I just spoke to a helpful guy (Phil) at Amal regarding a WD Velocette issue, and I asked him about the jet block numbers. He explained that the number 30T stamped on the bottom is to do with the flow rate. The actual jet block number (45?) is stamped on the top.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I've had a look at my spare blocks. A 76 is simply marked '30' underneath and '45' on the top..All the Norton-type blocks show a '30T' with some sort of control stamp and a '45' on top...so it's a flow thing rather than a part number as these Norton blocks have the milled edge.

There's an echo in here!:slightly_smiling_face:

The actual part number for an M20 block is 206/058R which is not stamped on the block. 45 is just the size.

Who understands Amal Numbers? Ron

Thank you gentlemen, I’m off tomorrow. So I will whip the jet block out and have a look. My bike will tick over when either of the other 2 276 carbs I have are fitted, but will only do so when the choke slide is dropped on the 276C/1B is fitted, it’s clean with all new parts in it……..

Tim when you take the jet block out, make sure you poke this tiny hole out with some very thin wire and also the corresponding drilling in the jet block. But maybe your carb body is worn allowing too much air past the slide. Ron
carb

My carb has a 45 jet block fitted, thanks for your help gentlemen.
I’ve sussed it! See if you can spot what the problem was, check out these pics……
https://ibb.co/WKm2GFg
https://ibb.co/SwmMzYh

Your pictures Tim. Yes the washer is covering the pilot feed drilling!:confused: Ron
image0
image1

Nieuwe pagina 1