Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Starting

I had a clutch cable snap on my G3L recently and the bike stalled. I have not been able to get a peep out of it since.
The carb has been stripped and cleaned The timing checked about 20 times, but it seems not to be sucking fuel as the plug stays dry
Im wondering if the decompressor has stuck. Is it possible to remove it without major surgery to check as i cant find anything on line about it or does anybody have any other ideas.Please
Colin

email (option): colina3cje@gmail.com

Re: Starting

If the decompressor has stuck with the valve open (unlikely)then you would have no compression. But easy to disconnect the cable to be sure it's free of the exhaust valve. Is the magneto sparking ok? Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

It is fitted with electronic ignition which appears to be working fine. Ive run a compression test and get about 80psi but cannot find any info on what it should be. to be honest im clutching at straws

email (option): colina3cje@gmail.com

Presumably you have checked the fuel delivery? If the plug is dry after kicking over, the usual culprit is a blockage somewhere - assuming you DO have compression.

Try pouring a small amount of fuel (or starting fluid if you prefer) into the cylinder through the spark plug hole. Less than a teaspoon full is good. Starting fluid can be sprayed into the carb mouth, of course.

If the bike starts and runs for a few moments then it indicates you have a fuel-line blockage.

If it still won't start you may need to take things to pieces.

Allan

email (option): allanmatchless@yahoo.com

Nieuwe pagina 1