View Entire Thread
Re: parkwood products

They are still in operation but their email replies can take some time
EBay is prompt as this is dealt with by Duncan’s good lady I believe
Be
Jo’b

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

No reaction, guess they are rich already...

I don't understand these companies in such supposedly 'hard times'...I waited ten months to eventually get a carb from Burlen Fuels after repeated broken promises on availability.. I'm also into the tenth month since placing the order waiting for a frame to be manufactured by Wasp Motorcycles after being told it would take three months....
There's nothing more irritating than companies that make you work to spend your money on their products...:persevere:
Burlen fuels in particular must lose a fortune through lack of product availability....I've failed at least four times to get what I want and have had to resort to using reconditioned carbs when I wanted new ones...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ian you will usually get a much better service for Amal carbs and parts from Hitchcocks or Surrey Cycles.

I don't wish to demean Burlen as they have freely supplied me some 1940 information on two occasions. But when I visited Spitfire House with a friend to buy a new carb for his Norton. They said they had all the parts in stock, but would need several weeks to build the carb...... "We have more important modern fuel parts to produce and supply" They also refused to sell us just the parts so that I could build the carb in 10-15 minutes:angry: Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I generally deal with Surrey Cycles and have done for a number of years...Unfortunately he has similar supply problems as he can't get what Burlens haven't got....My main dealings with Burlen Fuels are just to hassle them to get it done and to try and get realistic progress reports, in itself a challenge I've found...In this case I've arranged to pick up the carb, which became available this week, from Surrey Cycles at Founders Day...
To my mind if there's a demand, and there clearly is, why don't they increase their capacity to meet it?....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1