Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1941 WD G3L rear axle Question

After being informed my rear axle was from the G3WO and not a G3L I ordered some parts from AMC and AMOC.

Has anyone obtained one of the modified axles?

https://www.amoc-parts.com//store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=24314

Did it look like this?

What arrived looks like this.

A bit confused on how to install it. I'm competent with the old style original bearing/axle install, but this has me concerned.

Is it supposed to be pressed all the way through from one side or somehow separated and installed like the original bearings?

Cheers

Al

Re: 1941 WD G3L rear axle Question

that axel looks like G3L to me, part no; 11905 for G3L, i thought there the same, just the solid bolt thats different.

barry

email (option): fullerbarry@hotmail.co.uk

Barry

What arrived in the post looks quite different to part 11905 for a G3L.

Al

ive never seen that unit set up before, perhaps a better modern upgrade. maybe put the clip a dust cover in one side and tap it through, i spoes it will be a tight fit, then adjusting bolt on the other side, or just fit the the original if the bearings are ok

email (option): fullerbarry@hotmail.co.uk

Hello Alum

I would assume, that the original locating circlip is fitted into the bare wheel hub & then the wheel bearing cover plate, then the bearing "cassette" is pressed into the bare hub, with the other wheel bearing cover plate. The "cassette" being held in place by the wheel bearing adjusting ring & lock ring

Also, I would check on the wheel hub grease nipple, I found that this can
pertrude down into the original bearing space, if you tried to fit the bearing "Cassette" and it came up against the nipple, I think it would damage either the nipple or the hub or the bearing "Cassette" or all three

Hope this is of assistance to you

Cheers

Chris Moore

I'm holding off until I hear back from AMOC. I'd hate to damage it and then be told it is the wrong one and to send it back.

I noted the hole for the grease to come through on this new bearing housing, I have not paid much attention to the nipple on the hub protruding and will check when the time comes.

If it is the correct one the I will remove adjusting ring and circlip, and have an empty hub to press it into. I'm leaning towards pressing in from the adjustment side until close to fully in, then put on the washer and circlip from the other side, then go back and gently press the bearing in until it presses on the washer, then put on the adjustment ring. If that makes sense.

Al

Nieuwe pagina 1