Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Pegasus Bridge

Not Kelly's Hero's!....Ron's Rabble!! I'll ask Horror to post some pictures. He was snapping away all week. Ron

IMG-5851

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Horror has sent some pictures to me. This is part of the new British Monument at Ver Sur Mer. Adrian Cox in Arromanches told us it cost E40,000,000. And us assembled in the car park.
20220603-132409
20220603-125805
I'll add more pictures at random.
20220603-112744
20220605-143518

20220605-143705
IMG-20220605-WA0022
IMG-20220608-WA0010
This is the memorial at Arromanches. The statues is an old veteran, looking at himself coming out of the sea. The ghost figures coming out of the surf are entirely made from thousands of washers welded together.....Fabulous!!
IMG-20220608-WA0012

Dave and Beryl.
20220607-160845
Andy
20220609-105209
Me and the new Mulberry Harbour museum under construction in Arromanches.
20220603-110759

The ceremony at the top of the hill Arromanches on D Day. Some veterans and one of the ghost figures in front of them.
20220606-154740
Some of the German vehicles on display in the church yard at St Marie Du Mont. We much prefer this place to St Mere eglise these days.
20220606-125705

Jacoline who quite recently passed her test on a modern bike and successfully rode her Dad's old Royal Enfield all week.

20220603-120637

We set off on our first morning to visit the little shrine of our adopted fallen DR, Don Fife. The heavens opened and the road to Bayeux was like riding up a river. We aimed for the filling station with the thought of topping up and probably head back to the camp site. But the sun came out and the ride was fabulous with a baguettes and coffee stop in Tilly.

The Plaque that we installed inside is still there and the locals keep it all very neat and tidy.
IMG-20220604-WA0003
Don-Fife2

Here is a picture that John O'Brien took on June 6th. The picture on the wall was taken on D Day and the lady standing next to it is one of the little girls in the picture. So John took his picture 78 years to the day later. Great stuff! Ron
IMG-3311

Thanks Ron, it's almost impossible to post pictures here for me on a touch screen device and my PC is steam powered :smile:

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Really wonderfull pictures, guys.
The bikes all look perfect (unlike mine...)

It was my first time up in Normandy on my recently ‘cobbled’ together M20 and to be part of the photo was such a great memory for me. Thanks to John Tinley and John O Brien for letting me tag along during the weekend. A thoroughly enjoyable experience!

email (option): parkin.gary@orange.fr

Hi Ron,

Superb photos !!! Thank you for sharing with us.

Good effort all!

I really wish I could of made it over this year. My passport expiry caught me with my pants down… seems we lost two years inside the covid time machine.

I have not been over since the 75th for obvious reasons.

Perhaps you will allow me to join you next year.

Keep safe all - great to see the bikes on the original bridge.

Kind regards

Mark

email (option): Towersmark84@yahoo.co.uk

You're welcome to join us Mark. We've booked at the campsite for 2023 and 2024 (I guess 2024 with be manic though). Regards Ron

Hi Ron,

Thank you very much indeed - I would love to join you next year !

I will pm you to get the campsite details so I can book a pitch.

😀😀

Kind regards

Mark

email (option): Towersmark84@yahoo.co.uk

Ron, she is the little girl in white in the picture. That was a million to one chance we got stuck in a traffic jam right by the picture while she stood there. We then made room for her to get her car out.
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): 1963mickholmes@gmail.com

We were in the same jam Mick, but we "white lined" it and went the wrong way round the roundabout bollards at Omaha cemetery.....The cops on traffic control turned a blind eye. It was manic! Obviously we were too preoccupied to notice that lady. Great that you captured it though.

Cheers Ron

Glad I asked... Looks like a must do event... Great photos Thanks .... Im green (olive drab) with envy

email (option): wadeschields@mindspring.com

Nieuwe pagina 1