Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ruddington Vehicle Sales Catalogue

(V) indicates Volunteers, in other words it is a Territorial Army unit

Rob Miller

Note some of the frame numbers could be engine numbers and there are likely to be typos both by the original clerk's who produced the keycards and probably me.

Rob

... and the person who made up the Ruddington catalogue! Just noticed two anomalies:
Lot number 2069: Registration Number PMY 83: 350cc SV --> Some of the early WD/Ds were registered with a PMY prefix, so this must have been a 250cc SV, not a 350cc SV
Lot number 2070: Registration Number 47071: 350cc SV --> This is a census number from a block that was issued to militarised Model D bikes, so this must have been a 250cc SV, not a 350cc SV.

Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Hi Jan

Lot's 2069 and 2070 appear to be Ruston Bucyrus "10RB" Drag shovels?

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Oops... This thread inspired me to make a list of all the Royal Enfield entries in these Ruddington catalogues. Have accumulated several scans and lists over the years, but never made a proper list. And that's how I found these. Thought this scan came from you Rob? Somehow I even thought it came from this thread...? :thinking_face:

scan0049

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Hi Dean,

Are you local? I'm in Bingham...

Regards,

Craig

email (option): cmmacd@hotmail.co.uk

Keyworth
which I'd count as local

I was told my bike was released in 68@ruddington, Bsa 500, reg 10ye62, does anyone have any info on this?
Regards steve

email (option): Johnsonsteve386@gmail.com

Hello Rob.

I would love to see a sales catalogue for the vehicle depot I used to work at, Market Harborough airfield, if anyone has one, my brother used to work on the sales gate also. I know that when we had a sale on there used to be loads of motorcycles just put on trucks, perhaps up to twenty bikes, just to get rid of them, many bidders would buy a couple of trucks and finish up with perhaps fifteen to twenty bikes also, that would be around 1958-60 time.

TTJohn

email (option): Jomichael39@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1