The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Triumph 3HW - frame dated 08.43

Hi
I have a 3hw from mid to late 1943
I understand I could possibly go service brown or olive drab on this - yet undecided
What information I’m looking for is
1: photos of correct period handlebar levers & controls
2: lever material confirmation- brass or steel
3: photos of the seat & how it’s correctly fitted to the frame at the nose section - direct or with brackets - I can assume that by this time - it was a universal type - but if any Triumph guru can confirm - that would be most helpful
Br
Jo’b

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Re: Triumph 3HW - frame dated 08.43

John, Olive drab didn't come in till 44. What contract is it from? I have various parts lists which should indicate the handlebar and controls and saddle. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: Triumph 3HW - frame dated 08.43

Must have been a contract S/1246 bike considering the date. Census numbers 5205018 - 5207517, delivered from June 1943 until September 1943. Haven't got any pictures showing one of these numbers. But I do have a few pictures showing bikes from the next contract S/2114 (census numbers 5271968 - 5274467, delivered from September 1943 until December 1943). Unfortunately the details that you were asking for aren't very clear John. The saddle is definitely not a universal saddle, but I can't see if it's a Terry or a Lycett. The pillion seat is a front spring Lycett in the factory photographs, and a Mansfield in the other picture.

DSC-0467-zpsb6a3b043
DSC-0623-zpshtfj0ljf
Meriden-1943
Italy1944

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1