Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bericht voor nick hendriks

Hoi nick ben je tegengekomen op de john bull rally in passchendaele.
Ik heb een triumph 3hw uit 1942 gerestaureerd, nu wil ik nog de c nummers op de zijkant van de tank schilderen.
Jij had daar gegevens over. Mijn framenummer is tl 32505
En weet je ook de hoogte van de cijfers en evt kleurcode wit ( 90 /10 of zoiets )
Zou je ook het e-mail van je vader frans kunnen geven die had nog iets van kleding liggen.
Bvd pino

email (option): pinozem2004@hotmail.com

Re: Bericht voor nick hendriks

TL32505 is the 1583th bike from contract C13948 (frame numbers TL30923 - TL36417). This was a mixed contract, with 2129 bikes for the RAOC (census numbers C4852001 - C4854129), and 3366 RASC bikes (census numbers C886687 - C890052). With these mixed contracts we never know if they first delivered all the RAOC bikes before the RASC bikes, or vice versa, or if they were delivered to both corpses in a random order.

If the RAOC batch was delivered first, the census number of your bike would have been C4853583. If the RASC batch would have been delivered first, it would have been C88269. If they were delivered to both corpses at random, the census number is unsure.

Triumph had a typical "style" for these census numbers. They were stencilled in a typical Triumph font, see example below:
1940-triumph-3hw

Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

To anybody who got confused: Ian just told me that "A 'Corps' (such as an Armoured Corps...) is spelt the same way in the plural as it is in the singular....So it's Corps for one and still Corps for two or more....'Corpses' are dead bodies!..."

Every day is a school day, but unfortunately it's too late to edit my post. Hope this takes away any confusion. :smile:

Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

All I can say is it's a good job you speak english Jan....It would be sign language and talking loudly if it was down to me...:laughing: ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1