Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Speedo gearbox

Hi
I picked up a Speedo gearbox recently- clockwise in clockwise out - so it’s suitable for bsa m20

However - it has a slightly smaller spindle diameter than the m20 - so before I go bore it out to suit - I wondered if anyone knew what it was fitted to or might have been fitted to
Br
Jo’b

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Re: Speedo gearbox

John I picked up one at a swap meet that was fitted to a much smaller wheel that I believe was Flying Flea.

Yes I think Ray is right. Post war Flea is the only other bike that I know of that has it. I've done exactly the same by boring the small spindle hole out.

John Harding had a couple at Kempton, but you had to buy the wheels as well and I couldn't be arsed to lug them around ....I'm a Stupid boy:persevere: Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Also fitted to Tele-rigid BSA C10/C11.

email (option): fuzzyempire@hotmail.com

I don't think so Hamish! They were fitted to many bikes on the right side rear hub, but they are the wrong rotation. But you did remind me that the 1940 and 45 girder C10/11/12 had one. :relaxed: Ron

C10-408

Thats interesting John.
I have one here with a hole off 16 mm. Is that like yours ?

It turns anti-clockwise on the front wheel, Ron. So not M20.
I thougt it is Matchless rear wheel ?

Yes Michel, I pick them up at jumbles whenever I see them and test the rotation. 99.9% are always wrong for an M20. For fitting to the right side of a wheel. Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1