Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Field Stand

Anyone know the thread size on the nut's and bolts , that attach the field stand to the frame , and what is the correct location on the frame, is there a measurement ?
Thanks for any help !

email (option): ianacott@hotmail.com

Re: Field Stand

I think Mark Cook makes all the parts now. Ron
Scan-141116-0002

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I've done all now short of a few fasteners, I haven't been entirely happy with the easy options. Daft things like lengths, nut thicknesses and hex sizes. (oh no! I'm an anorak)

Until I'm corrected they are all 26tpi cycle thread apart from the pivot pin that's 20tpi (https://pesltd.uk/?product=15-6053&ptno=15-6053)

As for where to mount it, I would say where it fits best. The pictures I've seen give about four positions, excluding the versions with a fixed bracket.

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

I will have to have a look in my nut's and bolt bucket , see if I can find a bolt to fit .
If the stand length is the same , fixed point , removable , would the location of the removable one , be that of the same as the fixed factory location ?
Maybe a few people could post there stand location point on the frame .

Mark do you have it all available now as a kit

email (option): taybrig@shaw.ca

The factory fixed position was a different shorter stand. You can see the original lug further down the frame tube on my bike. As long as you hang the swivel below the frame tube as per the official illustration I posted, you can mount it in the most convenient place between the battery and the saddle spring. Ron

DSCF3626-3

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thank you Ron , looks like it's about midway between seat bolt's top and bottom !

Give me a couple of weeks Kevin and I'll run up the missing fasteners.

Anita has just been doing a stock take of the bits we have done and checking if they are on the web site.

Just put field stand in the search box and most of the bits should turn up.

https://pesltd.uk/?canvas=home

Hi Mark, just wondering if you managed to get a complete field stand assembly ready for purchase
thanks
Kevin
BC Canada
44 WM20

Sorry Kevin Anita assigned me other work :) I've just a few fasteners to make, so shouldn't be too much longer once I'm allowed.

probably best you do what she says first lol
thanks

The instructions say two inches up from the seat spring lug….

Nieuwe pagina 1