Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Normandy 2022

Hi All, some of you may remember that back in 2019 we were invited to display our motorcycles in the grounds of the Memorial Pegasus Museum. The display that we put on was much appreciated by the museum and the public and I am pleased to say that we have been invited back this year. Our display will be on 5th June and we will need to be in by 10.00 sharp so that we do not conflict with the service of remembrance that they are holding. As before access will be via the gate along the side road and only WW2 dated Allied motorcycles will be allowed to attend. Therefore no post war motorcycles or Axis motorcycles will be allowed into the grounds.

I appreciate there will be less of us attending this year but I would really like to get some understanding of the numbers that will attend. If you know how many are coming in your group then please do let me know.

Cheers,

JT

email (option): tinley@btinternet.com

Re: Normandy 2022

Hi john
I’ll have an m20 there
Br
John

email (option): Jonnyob1

John I'll be there with about a dozen or so. Hopefully I can get everyone up in time?? Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi John,
I would hope to have my M20 there too.

Mike.

email (option): mickwalsh57@gmail.com

Ron Pier
John I'll be there with about a dozen or so. Hopefully I can get everyone up in time?? Ron
What time do we have to leave to get there by 10am Ron? I need to prepare myself for the shock 😲

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Well it's about 30 miles of little lanes, cobbles, humps and French tractors. So no way can we average 30 MPH, even with no stops. I'd say allow at least an hour and a half.

This is when you find out that there are two 7 o'clocks in a day!!!:smile: Ron

Ron Pier
Well it's about 30 miles of little lanes, cobbles, humps and French tractors. So no way can we average 30 MPH, even with no stops. I'd say allow at least an hour and a half.

This is when you find out that there are two 7 o'clocks in a day!!!:smile: Ron
I'll lay off the Calvados the night before then :smile:

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Well, it seems that our French friends have decided to run a marathon on 5th June and therefore the local roads and Pegasus bridge are going to be closed. As a result we will probably hold our gathering at the museum in the early afternoon. I’ll come back when I have a confirmed time. Lucky for Horror that he can now tuck in to the Calvados the night before. JT

That would be much better John. We can have a much more leisurely day and even stop in Doovrees for a coffee or ice cream or both!! Ron

There are three in our group wanting to attend 2 x wm20 1 x 16h
Would be nice to know what time to meet there now
Chris

Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE: NORMANDY 2022

IMPORTANT NOTICE

PLEASE ALL NOTE THAT THE TIME OF OUR VISIT TO THE MEMORIAL PEGASUS MUSEUM AT PEGASUS BRIDGE HAS BEEN CHANGED TO 2.00PM OF 5th JUNE.

AS BEFORE OUR MOTORCYCLES WILL BE PLACED IN THE GARDEN AT THE REAR, CLOSE TO THE ORIGINAL BRIDGE. FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE NOT BEEN BEFORE THE ENTRANCE WILL BE FROM THE ROAD ALONG THE SIDE OF THE MUSEUM. PLEASE ALSO NOTE THAT THIS GATHERING IS STRICTLY FOR ALLIED WW2 MOTORCYCLES AND NO POST WAR OR AXIS MOTORCYCLES WILL BE PERMITTED ENTRY.

HORROR, I HOPE YOUR HEAD WILL HAVE CLEARED BY 2.00PM.

CHEERS, JT

Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE NUMBER 2

For those of you intending to get to Pegasus Bridge earlier on 5th perhaps to have a beer or some lunch our French friends have come up with a great idea and decided to hold a marathon on the 5th and the road to the bridge and bridge will be closed to all vehicular traffic from 08.00 am to 12.00 pm. Even after the bridge has opened it might be easier to use the lock gates at Ouistreham to cross the canal and come down the road on the East side to get to the museum. JT

Hi John, count me in, WO G3 with pigeon!!

email (option): cruaser@aol.com

2pm is a much more convenient and relaxed time for all I think. See you there.

Ron

Pegasus Museum.

Given that we will not be able to access either of the cafe’s at the bridge perhaps we should all arrange to meet up at a venue for lunch. Perhaps La Table de Manon in Ranville? JT

Re: Pegasus Museum.

We're more Likely to stop in "Doovrees Deliverance" Ron

I've just been notified about this. I wonder how strict it is.....Considering they were tear gassing ligit football supporters yesterday. Ron

You are not allowed to take meat or meat products to France apart from fish or fish products (up to a maximum of 20kg). You are not allowed to take milk, cheese, yoghurt or other milk-based products except for infant milk, infant food or food required by humans or pets for medical reasons. However, you are allowed to take eggs (if avian flu restrictions allow), egg products and honey into the country.

What about fruit, vegetables and plants? Soil and other substrates, vine plants, citrus fruits and seed potatoes (for planting) are strictly prohibited.

Bananas, coconuts, pineapples, dates and durian fruit are allowed. All other plants and plant-based products are subject to compulsory checks on arrival in France and you may be asked to provide a phytosanitary certificate for them, no matter how much you have in your luggage. This includes fruits (fresh or frozen), vegetables (including ginger) flowers and flower buds. The phytosanitary certificate should be issued by the country of provenance.

Plants intended for planting should be presented, upon entry into the EU, to the phytosanitary inspectors at border control. See this flyer and this flyer from French Customs for more information.

Blessed are the rule makers....:persevere: ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

You can manage for a couple of weeks, can't you Ron ? I've had to cope without pork pies since 2020 !

I’ll bring food for you
😃😃

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

I'm quite familiar with the "SUPER U" in Port En Bessin....But where the Hell can you buy Best Back Bacon in France?? :confused: Ron

Ron, All the meat products in our nearest 'British' shop now come from Ireland. The bacon and sausages are fine...You'll have to have a word with John and the Irish lads as they can bring what they like into France from there.

J O'B will probably be prepared to swap ten packets of bacon for a WB30 engine or similar ! :grinning:

Most of the bacon I buy comes from the Netherlands and Denmark, it seems amazing that you can't take EU products into the EU.

And a holiday without tinned spam is unthinkable.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Rob, it's a question of marketing. The thick slices that the UK likes simply aren't sold over here. It's probably sliced and packaged in the UK...and it can be brought in, or brought back but then there have to be veterinary certicates as the UK refuses to accept EU food standards. There is no proof that it's not made from third-world offal. It probably would be if a Conservative Party donor has connections with an Indian dog food factory.

This sounds like a fantastic adventure and a great display ... Have a great time... I'll hope to join you someday... My grandfather was wounded in Normandy which put him in an English hospital for the rest of the war.

email (option): wadeschields@mindspring.com

Big fry up tomorrow morning with all my stash

Looking forward to it

😬

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Looks like we might be having a "Full Froggy" Breakfast....Bread and jam!! Ron

Did this event not happen?? No photos anywhere that Ive seen. No photos No Happen :/

email (option): wadeschields@mindspring.com

Nieuwe pagina 1