Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Auction from September 1958.

All the pages for motor-cycles shown,might not be in page order.

<

Re: Auction from September 1958.

Thank you for sharing this Steve, I wonder what the Norton 500cc Combination was on the last page, perhaps not war surplus with an "AX" registration, unless its a typo and should be "XA"?

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Am I to understand that all MC's (and only MC's?) were sold at Ruddington on the 4th day?
I am slightly confused by the other adresses mentioned on the front page and the fact that all pages mention 4th day.

The Norton combination registration numbers are not in the ranges for the key cards. OCuld they be ex RAF? or impressed machines?

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Rob

email (option): wd16h@telfort.nl

All the motor-cycles were auctioned on the fourth day, other vehicles were also auctioned on the fourth as well, really odd ones are lot 6114 BSA solo motorcycle RNG 618 350cc SV, and lot 6081 two items, Royal Enfield solo motorcycle 03XA09 500cc SV,and Triumph solo motorcycle 03XA10 350cc OHV,was that a single or a twin??

With the exception of the BSA, Norton and Matchless Key Cards, we know very little about post-war use. Was XA a series used for earlier vehicles or a test model block ? Maybe RLC Museum could say, but they favour revenue over historical research...Which would be OK if they researched themselves, but they have neither the resources nor the inclination.

Its interesting that Royal Navy Ariels were being sold off as late as 1958, the Army appears to have disposed of all their WNGs in the late 40s before they were issued with the new numbers, or are these new Ariel models purchased after 1945?

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

I wonder if lot 6114 is one of the 1940 C12's? Ron

Wren-RN6908

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

"RNG" was a 1954 Norfolk series...Most odd...I suspect that there are a lot of errors in these descriptions.

Nieuwe pagina 1