Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Owner of BSA (W)M20

Hello all,

I've been advised to join this group after posting on a Facebook Page. Basically a couple of things - firstly I was wondering whether it was possible to see what geographical areas the bike I own served in. Frame number starts with KM ..., she was manufacture in 1939 as a civilian model, pressed into service in 1940? and demobbed in 1955. The engine has some stamps of WM20XXX the XXX marking obscured/deleted numbers BSAOC date engine to 1941. Wouldnt be at all suprised if it were a different unit to the one she left the factory with.
Secondly, my wife and I are touring the Nederlands, sadly not on M20 but on modern Guzzi V7III 26th May to 6th of June - anywhere which might be of use or fun - perhaps meeting up with a run of the club? Just a thought.

email (option): s.morganclare@btinternet.com

Re: New Owner of BSA (W)M20

Welcome to the forum Sebastian

There are very few wartime records surviving so its very unlikely you will find out where it served, I presume it may be in the post war key cards if you know it was still in service until 1955?

I hope you enjoy it and can we see some picture please.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Hi Rob,

https://ibb.co/6Y50XR6
https://ibb.co/frn7FwR

Just managed to start her after recommissioning. Ive got original parts in a box - but I reckon Im going to need some help as I go. Very excited.

Yours Seb

Looks like an interesting machine.

Rob

5984959-C-0-D54-4-ED5-8-B9-D-97508-E56-BE53

IMG-6069

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Just taken her out for my first run - just local. Felt good and went well.

Ive got a pillion seat but need to add pegs ... soooo the next thing... also going to take some photos of the front wheel as there's a plastic lid tapped tpo keep dirt out and Im not sure how it should be... Loving it though.

Nieuwe pagina 1