Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tool Box mounting

Hello All

I am finally getting to fit the brand new tool box I got from an Indian maker on Ebay. The box itself looks to be very well made/finished using a decent grade of steel and nicely painted. However, the fixing of it is not that obvious to me apart from in one location. Maybe it has some generic holes that work best on a certain configs of bike and year and not others. I'm quite prepared to make some brackets up from some sheet steel but I wonder if anyone on the site has gone down this route and maybe has a bracket design they can suggest?

I attach a couple of pics (apologies, i now see they are a bit crap) so you can see the mudguard mounts of which the lower right hole (with bolt head poking out) lines up nicely with the tab on the tool box at the very bottom of the 2nd pic. However, the 2 holes on the back have no obvious position to attach to.

PXL-20220414-181125184

PXL-20220414-181139570

Hopefully have a nice few Easter days to have a good fettle on the bike at last !

Cheers
Neil

email (option): nlhclarke@gmail.com

Re: Tool Box mounting

The bracket is in the technical section and fits to the silencer support. Ron

http://www.wdbsa.nl/download/tool%20box%20bracket.pdf

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hello Ron

Many thanks for that, looks just the job. I searched the forum for tips but didn't look in technical settings section, a section that keeps on giving ! Now to see how my sheet metal skills have faired over the years..

cheers Neil

email (option): nlhclarke@gmail.com

Hi Neil,

Don't forget the P type clip that fastens to the top of the box. It goes around the frame, has nut, bolt and a spacer that goes inbetween.
Altogether 3 fixing points, as far as I know screws are used to fix to the mudguard and to the bracket that you don't have, they are like the front mudguard screws.

Dave

email (option): jeepfinger@blueyonder.co.uk

Not too far behind you Neil, I just need to improve my frame before I'm comfortable to try and fit something else.
So keep asking questions, I'm reading too ;)

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

Nieuwe pagina 1