Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BSA Para Bike Value

I have come across a Folding BSA bicycle.
It has original tires, grips and seat. Photos look good, but of course not the details your eyes have.
Has both calipers front and rear. May have original paint, but only close inspection can determine that.
So what is the value range of these in the UK.
I am in the States.
Thanks

email (option): Cbfatboyhaws@gmail.com

Re: BSA Para Bike Value

I've seen them up to £2000 and even more for the first pattern or with original paint and parts. I got my for £100 about 25 years ago but had to restore it and find an original BSA saddle. Ron#

PDSCF3244
PLightweights-286<

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Paid 600$ ten years ago for series 2. Non original tyres.

Real difficult to operate. Had wooden pedals.

Last one listed locally was 1200$. Mix matched parts.

Thanks Friends,
I am going tomorrow to take a look. I do have cash in hand for asking price.
Details tomorrow,
Charlie

Purchased the bike for $1500 USD. The frame has had a repaint, but you can see some of the decals under the very thin layer of paint. Brakes work if you are going too fast. The rims are nearly perfect. Spokes have light rust and a few are loose. The wheels are straight, but I would not ride it in present condition.
Seat is original, but cracking. Grips are also original, and a little rough.

What is a good way to repair and protect. The seat will be coming off to save and a repop for riding. Same with tires.
It appears to be a straight frame bike. I have not removed the rear tire to get the serial number.

I need your restoration tips.

I can email pics if anyone is interested?

Thanks,
Charlie

Is it this one Charlie? I have several pictures. Ron

B1

I struggle with the concept of paying that sort of money for a bicycle with a hinge in the middle. :grinning:

Yes it's silly Rik....Save up your money and buy a 12 Grand Welbike instead!! Ron

Don't think of the practicality or value of either as a form of transport...Just think of them as collectable pieces of militaria...Compared to a German para helmet the folding bike then becomes the cheap and cheerful option and you'll be able to sleep at night again....Ian:laughing:

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Yes that is the one.
Hurt my back NASCAR racing at the Daytona International Racetrack on Saturday. I have not been able to do anything, but piss and moan.
When you look at that track on the television it looks so wide. I have watched races on that track during Bikeweek. The straightaways look long.
Heading into turn 3 at 170mph is intimidating, foot to the floor and down the front straightaway. Although the front straight is not straight. I had to pass a couple of slower cars, very intimidating even on the back straightaway.
The track looks like a single lane, you can only see what is in front you, without your spotter it would be almost impossible.
They limit your speed with a rev limiter. My last 8 laps were at 5400 rpm’s. The professional drivers taking people for rides go a little faster. This makes it interesting passing and then getting passed.

Now that I have done it, it is once and done for me! You could easily kill yourself loosing control in 31 degree the high bank turn.

I have until the first week in June to get the bike for the Reading PA WWII weekend.

Nieuwe pagina 1