The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Single wire brake & rear light - harness modification

Hi
I have searched for this here but can’t locate

I am looking for the wire harness diagram / modification to allow a single filament bulb to be fitted to a rear light such as an MT110

Hopefully some one can magic this up for me along with spec of the resistor & diode required - 6v system being used

Br
Jo’b

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Re: Single wire brake & rear light - harness modification

Hi John I've done it a few times using a 25W X 1 Ohm resister (Available on ebay for a couple of quid) Or you can use a .8 ohm resister if you want a brighter tail lamp.

This is what I do:- First fit a standard 6v 21W single filament bulb.

Connect the resister anywhere in the cable from your switch to the tail lamp. (Inside the headlamp is a good idea) This will restrict the current to the bulb to around 1/4 - 1/3rd of it's value.

Then connect you brake light cable anywhere into the tail lamp cable "rear of the resister". When you apply the brake, the whole 21w is illuminated.

Unfortunately I don't think the above is possible with an LED bulb. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

It can be done with the LED bulb units that Henk used to sell.

My understanding is that with a WD main switch where the tail lamp runs off a separate 'T' feed, it's not necessary to fit a diode.

http://pub37.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=3155626639&frmid=16&msgid=1018436&cmd=show

I'd forgotten that thread! Just need to find those correct LED tail lamps bulbs. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I have a single wire led lamp and have a solution to use it as a combined tail and brakelight.it works with a 6 volt relay a resistor and a brakelightswitch .
I can make a diagram how everything works for you john

Thanks all for your replies

I can’t open that link Rik - sometimes phones are great but not this time
I understand your process Ron - but an led at the rear was my thought process / it’s not a big deal to change to a filament

And yes - a schematic wiring diagram I can download & work to would be most helpful & I can keep
It for future reference
Many thanks
Br
Jo’b

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1