Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Numbers on Engine Case Below Mag/Dyno?

What do the numbers EC02/2/60 stamped on the left engine case below the mag/dyno indicate? They are on my 1944 M20 that has the normal engine number 1072**. Any information would be appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Kenny
Oklahoma
USA

email (option): knbright68@gmail.com

Re: Numbers on Engine Case Below Mag/Dyno?

EC would be Eastern Command with the date 2nd Feb 1960, when their workshops did a rebuild.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Rod,

Thanks for the information, so this means the bike was still in service in1960. There were two brass tags attached to the bike, a rectangular one with 040, probably bore size at a rebuild and a round one with 4/17/84 W, any idea what the W means? Could this tag mean the bike was still in service in 1984? Are there records showing when a bike was discharge from service?

Many Thanks,

Kenny
Oklahoma
USA

The post war key cards are still in existence, I can look it up for you if you give me the frame and engine number, they should show the post war Registration number, date sold off and last location prior to sale.

Rob

Rod,

Bike numbers are on the way via email.

Thanks,

Kenny

Sadly Kens bike doesn't seem to be in the key cards but it has this odd data plate on the right, any thoughts anyone?

Rob

IMG-0359

Rob Miller
EC would be Eastern Command with the date 2nd Feb 1960, when their workshops did a rebuild.

Rob
Hi Rob,
You are correct that EC is Eastern Command and EC02 indicates the engine was rebuilt at 14 Command Workshop, Ashford, Kent. I know this as I worked there from 1974 until closure and have stamped that number many times on engine rebuilds.

Nieuwe pagina 1