Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Harley WLA..Indian 741 or something else?

I have a box of slotted fillister head screws in their original WD packaging which have been sat on a shelf for a number of years now...

They are No.12 UNC/NC(American)...24TPI and with an outside diameter of .216"...

Does anyone know of an application for these screws?....Answers on a postcard..:laughing: ....I'd like to find a home for them if I can...Quantity: A Gross or for those not familiar with the wonderful Imperial weights and measures system, that's 144...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: Harley WLA..Indian 741 or something else?

Ian, what is .216 in fractions? No worries, fired up the digital callipers, and that is 7/32" or 5,5mm.

I can possibly use them, as I have some US 2 wheelers (not necceserily motorcycles!) that use this kind of little screws.

A dozen and a gross (12 dozen) are normal quantities on the continent too! well for the elderly that is.....

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Nearest I make that Lex is 7/32". (just 2 thou different) Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Yes, so I found out!

Maybe Ian can send them to you, or if you meet up somewhere? you can have some too, I'll never need 144!!

Trying to come over for the next Kempton.

Cheers,

Lex

Lex...The screws are free gratis but you'll have to cover postal costs if there are any...If you're not in a rush I might meet up with Ron at some point in the year, probably the 'late' Shepton jumble...Alternatively, I could pass them on to John O'Brien at Stafford in April (who I've arranged to meet up with) and he could pass them on at Kempton...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Thanks a lot Ian, have sent you an Email.

Cheers,

Lex

Nieuwe pagina 1