Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BSA strip down and rebuild started.

Good afternoon all,

I have started the strip down and rebuild of my M20. It looks like the rear rack I have is for a Triumph not BSA. Does anyone have an M20 rear rack to sell, please?

Rack-Stay-Alteration

Rack-2

Rack-1

Speak soon

Dan

email (option): danmajor.shmvt@hotmail.co.uk

Re: BSA strip down and rebuild started.

Hello Dan,

A good source of pictures for the rear rack and its supports would be the Draganfly website, as I recall. There they have some nice large diagrams of what's needed. In the case of a WM20 there's quite a lot to be aware of when fitting a rack. My advice is, also, not to buy an India-made rack such as you'll see in eBay, no matter how tempting the deal, unless you like reshaping and welding metal to suit, and have a lot of time to spare. The actual pannier sets from India are not too bad, though.

Best wishes,

Allan

email (option): allanmatchless@yahoo.com

Hi Allan,

Thanks for the advice, yes I've seen the Indian repros and have been warned off these.

Dan

Hello Dan,

Trying to send you an email, but it bounces back...

Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Hello Dan. It might be advisable to post more pictures for critique. I notice you have a post war rear mudguard and regulator and a side car lug at the rear. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I believe the mudguard is off a plunger model...The rigid models retained the 'drop off' tail through to the end of production..The 'boxed in' rear number plate is also mid 50's....Does it have a sidecar lug on the other side as well?...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hi Jan,

That's strange, it's the correct address and working ok this end.

Try my work one of dan.major@scas.nhs.uk

I look forward to reading email

Dan

Ron Pier
Hello Dan. It might be advisable to post more pictures for critique. I notice you have a post war rear mudguard and regulator and a side car lug at the rear. Ron
I will get some more photos today. Someone has told me about the mudguard (possibly yourself ron :wink: ) Do we know of any older ones for sale
?

Speak to you all soon, photos to follow after a day in the workshop

Dan

Nieuwe pagina 1