Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rear Frame alignment

It got too cold for brick work this afternoon, so I left Anita too it and came inside to play.

As my rear frame is horrible, I thought I'd give it the "Rob Nortier" treatment. Using his guide, Frame preparation and assembly.

This is the first tool I decided to arm myself with. As per normal when I make one, there is often spares.

I'll have to source some nuts in the week as it would be silly to make them too.

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

Re: Rear Frame alignment

Where do I find this guide of Robb's?

Al

I wrote a piece in technical using a gauge made to Robb's design. This is the frame that I used for my "Indian" engine special. Ron

http://www.wdbsa.nl/BSA%20frame%20alignment%20tool.htm

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I recall that gauge incorrect at the first attempt Ron...Have the dimensions been updated?...Ian..

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ian the gauge measures the same as the M20 frame dimension drawing ie 4" and 3.406" from the center line. It might be that on my initial set up, I had not taken into account that the saddle tube is smaller than the front tube. That is why the additional note was added in red.

To conclude, if a straight edge is clamped between the two tubes with a 1/16" spacer under the straight edge at the saddle tube, a correct frame should be 3/4" from the straight edge to the center line on the gauge.

Mine was over one way as they often seem to be, But I was quite easily able to hike it level with a long bar.

Ron

PS. Another thing that I forgot at the time, is that the rear brake anchor bar fits between the lower frame tube and that row of cotton reels. The bar or a corresponding spacer/washers need putting in place before checking........Others learn by others mistakes!! Ron

Hi mark
I might be interested in one of those Frame alignment checking tools
Can you let me know if for sale
Br
John

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Alun Mills
Where do I find this guide of Robb's?

Al
Robb was on about me suppling the relevant chapters from his book with any tools I made from his drawings.

John O'Brien
Hi mark
I might be interested in one of those Frame alignment checking tools
Can you let me know if for sale
Br
John
Yes they are for sale John, just need to put some nuts on them.

Back now from light nickle plating and with nuts. Our part number RFG
By kind permission of Robb Nortier.
These will be supplied with paper copies of the relevant chapters from his book showing procedures and technical information to assist you.

Before we go public with them, we are offering them to you at £30.00upk each uk P+P £5.50upk europe £14.50ukp Heavy sorry :(

Email pes.sales@btconnect.com and Anita will assist you with your purchase.

Now on the PES web site.

https://pesltd.uk/?product=RFG&ptno=RFG

Nieuwe pagina 1