Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Field Stands and Parts

A new post at Ian's request.

Hello all, I've just had my first quote back for the field stand clip 31-4197. This would be hardened and tempered then zinc and clear plated to reduce corrosion when in use.
All sounds good until I tell you that I would have to retail them for about £20.00ukp each.
As you can imagine I would have to make a large investment in these.
What do you think?

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

Re: New Field Stands and Parts

To my mind 20 quid is a bargain. You can never find one when you need it. But since it's a painted part, you could save yourself some time and money by just leaving them in bare steel. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I would do a thorough check of availability from other sources...Perhaps some forum members might be aware of other suppliers as well so it would be a question worth asking here....At the end of the day if a component is totally unavailable there is little option but to pay the price for a modern replacement and when there is a total lack of supply I have found parts will sell...
The other difficulty is assessing demand...In the past when I've had doubts I've pre sold the parts here on the forum to try and approach the 'payback' point at least... It's really down to what the minimum order number is in that regard I suppose...
I have a NOS clip and another NOS one as a spare but if I didn't I wouldn't think too hard about paying £20 pounds for one...I paid £15 for one of the NOS ones...

Thanks for starting the new thread!....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

a bargain indeed for a part NLA, i cant wait till you have a complete stand ready for me to order
and bare steel is fine as ill paint it anyway
cant thank you enough for your efforts to make these parts for us all

email (option): taybrig@shaw.ca

If it was a Norton WD part, the punters would be throwing themselves at you...but a large proportion of M20 owners expect to be paying Russell Motors 1976 prices.

A lot of us are happily not very aware of what modern bike parts cost.

['but a large proportion of M20 owners expect to be paying Russell Motors 1976 prices...']...Where do you get these ideas from Rik...?:laughing: ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hi Mark,

I am looking for a clip at the moment and would be happy to pay £20 for one.

Tony.

email (option): tony-wilkinson@sky.com

Soon

Order placed for the Stand clip spring, let's see how long their version of six weeks is.

Funny I'm still waiting for quotes on other springs, I thought this would be more of a pain?

I've now paid for the Field Stand Spring Clips, so it shouldn't be too long before I receive them. I just hope I don't get buried with too many of them :(

Also I have the bracket to mount them on, though still to be bent.

I've placed an order with another company for the spring that goes in the knuckle.
I don't expect them to be quick as it too a few weeks for them to answer my emails.

Hi Mark,

Please message me when you get them and I will have one off you.

Regards

Tony.

email (option): tony-wilkinson@sky.com

Thanks for all your work. I really appreciate your efforts to make the bits that are almost non-existent.
Here in the US parts are really hard to come by.
Thanks

email (option): Cbfatboyhaws@gmail.com

Thank you Charlie.

Update on the field stand clips.
I found the chap yesterday who was dealing with my order face to face.
From first claiming all the work was done "in house" it seems two subcontractors are involved.
His claim is that they let him down!
Typical salesman! So it's one day for heat treatment. One more day for plating.
So what are they doing to do for the next month?
I expect the job was forgotten.

At least he admitted they could not make the flat wire springs used for the clutch and crank, but said it may be possible in Sweden.

This is why we try to do so much our selves.
If I wanted to tuck subcontractors into bed and wipe their backsides I'd have gone into nursing rather than toy making for you.

Finally they field stand clips turn up! I've never known a company generate so much paperwork.

These have been heat treated and zinc plated, so they will have a longer service life and shouldn't corrode the stand when fitted in the clip.

I've managed to get a better price on these in the end, meaning I can sell these to you at £15.00 ukp each. If your unfortunate enough to live in the UK vat will have to be added.

Email Anita pes.sales@btconnect.com for contacting us directly.

By the end of the day they should be on our website. Search 31-4197

We also have 66-4721 Clip Plate in stock, but not bent yet. These are £4.00 ukp

Even more progress today with another spring delivery.

We now have a large stock of 15-6052 field stand knuckle springs.

A test assembly proves the spring and spacer sleeve work perfectly.

These springs we are able to sell at £2.00 ukp each

Just a few more fasteners to make and I will be able to offer a complete field stand kit.

great work Mark, really appreciated, sign me up for a complete kit

email (option): taybrig@shaw.ca

Thank you Kevin, it may be a few weeks yet as we are struggling with quality and speed of one of our electro platers.

Nieuwe pagina 1