Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SCAM ALERT. Scammer: erickfagans78@gmail.com

A few weeks ago I posted a thread on here asking for an M20 project or parts. I just had a reply via email from an “Eric Fagans” claiming to have a complete M20 which he is breaking for parts.
I asked if I could buy the whole bike. His email is as follows:

“Let me know if you are still interested in M20 engine and girder forks, you requested for . Send me an email if you are still interested.

Here ,I attached the picture of my BSA M20 . I`m breaking the complete bike for parts , because of my surgery that is coming up soon . I want you to send me the list of parts that you need , along with your exact delivery address to know , how close you are to me .

I`m selling the bike cheap because I need money for my surgery . I`m only asking £1,800 for the complete bike . Shipping to your door step will cost you £320.

As soon as you pay for it now , I`II take the bike to the shipping office here pay for the shipping and send you the shipping details.

I`m in Scotland .

God Bless .”

I did a reverse image search of the photo he sent me, which was a match to a photo from a Facebook post of a bike being rebuilt over 10 years ago.
Then googled his email address and found a few threads on fraudster alert websites where other people have had very similar emails from him about other vehicles. He asks you to pay shipping for a vehicle that doesn’t actually exist.

Scammers email address: erickfagans78@gmail.com

Be wary..

email (option): nljb345@hotmail.com

Re: SCAM ALERT. Scammer: erickfagans78@gmail.com

Hi Nathan’
Had a email from him this morning’ Disregarded it immediately! You do get the odd scammer on the forum unfortunately’ I only reply to forum members whose names i recognise 👍
Regards, Tom Green.

email (option): rustytomm20@hotmail.com

Hi,
I have had one also, got it yesterday asking me if I was still interested in parts for M20, that I requested.

Dave

email (option): jeepfinger@blueyonder.co.uk

Eric Fagans is still at it, I recently got an email from him offering me very nice TRW cheap, he needed the money for surgery and wanted my exact address to deliver it, after I'd sent him the money. I'd seen the photo he used on the web previously.

email (option): dave.stapleton@me.com

Hi Nathan,

That is another sign that you need to be careful on the internet.
Unfortunately there is nothing we can do in this case as forum management.
We can’t ban anyone from the forum aslong they didn’t do a post on the forum.

Keep in mind your email adres is visible for everyone.

Cheers
Nick. (Forum management)

email (option): bsawdm20website@gmail.com

Mine isn't :)

Just about every police force on the planet has an internet fraud squad.
So what you should be doing is forwarding the details to them.
Down side is generally the scammerr is from a third world country so is beyong the juristriction of the local plod.
However the scammers does end up on a register and providing they are not using a URL spoofing programme their local plod can track them down and have justification to do a search .
Some times they get lucky ?
OTOH good work by doing your due dilligance .
At one time I was offered my own bike for a knock down price by a scammer claiming to have has an accident & no longer able to ride
I passed that information on to the local feds
Probably beter than 5 years latter I got a phone call from the said same feds asking me to come in , make a statement & identify various motorcycle images that had all been lifted from an old club web page which we deleted some time ago .
The scammer had been doing the same trick with car, truck, motorcycle & boat clubs and was part of a big internet fraud organization.
The FBI ( it was world wide scam ) had done a sting & followed the money as under US law they can confiscate monies suspected to be the proceds of crime & keep it .

Nieuwe pagina 1