Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Drive side bearing

Hi folks, I'm a newbie to wm20s , in the technical section , under drive side bearing, there is a modification to lubricate the bearing. Does anyone have a photo of the mod, ie. Where to drill the new hole . And also the number for the sealed bearing. Any help would be much appreciated. Cheer Scott.

email (option): steptoe453@aol.com

Re: Drive side bearing

The outer (sealed) bearing is a 6205 2RS...'2RS' refers to the 2 rubber seals fitted to the bearing...Remove the inner seal before fitting the bearing to the crankcase...It can be easily removed with a small screwdriver...It's a metric bearing so readily available from any bearing supplier. Go for a 'branded' bearing made in Europe or Japan rather than a dirt cheap Chinese/Indian/Russian bearing..
IMO opinion there is no need or particular advantage in altering the lubrication...However, it is worth fitting a modern circlip with 'eyes' to replace the original BSA clip that retained the bearing to the cases...Also measure the spacer between the main bearings to ensure it is the correct length...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: Drive side bearing

Hi Ian, thanks for your quick reply, I'll order the bearings tonight. I always use decent bearings , skf, fag etc.
Planning a euro trip on the bike this summer, so don't want to be worrying about cheap bearings. Cheers Scott

email (option): steptoe453@aol.com

Nieuwe pagina 1