Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Velo MDD

Despite the cold weather this month, I've managed to get all the parts of my MDD resprayed, in a more correct Khaki Green. The build up is progressing nicely which is the bit I enjoy most. My wife is away tomorrow which means I can bring the tank into the warmth of the kitchen for the census number application. :relaxed: Ron
DSCF4326

DSCF4327

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: Velo MDD

It's looking very good, Ron! Nice work!

Allan

email (option): allanmatchless@yahoo.com

Ron

It looks great , I have been looking for a MMD for years but haven't come across one they are like hens teeth , I did find one afew last year but turned out the only bit MND was the engine . Keep us updated on the progress

Woody

email (option): Chriscool@sky.com

That's a shame Chris. You missed this one I sold a few weeks back.

I've owned mine for about 20 years but spayed it Olive Drab which has been bugging me, hence the current upgrade. Ron

DSCF4180

Ron

As I read this I'm crying in my cornflakes, keep me updated if you come across another one.

Woody

email (option): Chriscool@sky.com

The one in the National Motorcycle Museum which for some strange reason is painted RAF Blue has been around for a while and I'd noted that it wasn't an MDD frame. Someone took pictures of it last weekend including the numbers. The Engine is genuine and even has an inspectors stamp. Lex has determined the frame number prefix as MOV (Frame from a 250cc bike). Ron

NMM3

picture upload sites

Never use the NMM bikes as a measure of what is standard or 'correct'...
They've done very well gathering together a representative collection of British bikes but there are plenty of inaccuracies...
After the fire they bought in, rather than attempted to restore, many of the bikes and they are as they came through the door more or less...They bought my friends Ivory Calthorpe which still carries the slightly non standard spec. stainless steel pushrod tube I made for it, along with some other parts...
It wasn't difficult to find 'faults' with a number of the BSAs with which I'm pretty familiar...Nevertheless, that's only something to be aware of, it's a great collection and I like to visit periodically to drool over my favourite machines...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Looking brilliant Ron :)

email (option): tjsblade@googlemail.com

Thanks Tom. I'm nearly there with it, just got to finish fettling the front number plate. It seems they didn't want anything to do with Lucas at Veloce! Even the battery is Exide. We did some research and found pictures and Arnaud worked his magic. Ron
DSCF4333
DSCF4336

Looks fabulous Ron, well done

email (option): rwalsh53@gmail.com

Thanks Rod. I managed to find a dry part of today to get some outside pix. Ron
DSCF4341-2
DSCF4344-3

Hi Ron,
Nice paint job. What paint did you use as I want to redo mine.

Hello Alistair.
Since KG3 has no BS code and not usually available off the shelve, I mix my own by trial and error. Hence I have various slightly different shades. However a friend who was restoring a Big 4 took a swatch that Lex gave him to the local auto paint firm that I use and got some matched. I have their recipe and got them to mix some for me.....Which I also tweaked a bit. The paint I use is their single pack polyurethane mat, which is fairly petrol proof. After the paint is hardened off, I rub the whole thing over with WD40 and a soft cloth which seems to soak in and leave a slight sheen.

The guy I sold the black bike to, also used the same paint but without adding anything else. The result is quite similar. (see below). I can give you the details but not sure if they would ship it??

On the other hand I think "War Paint" who advertise on Milweb list a ready made KG3. Ron

Steve-Bennett

Thanks Ron,
I’ve used warpaint before so will try there kg3

Alistair

Nieuwe pagina 1