Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1941 WD G3L Bearing Race Question

Hi all.

I have a question regarding the bearing races on the front fork triple tree.

According to the parts list there are only two bearing races.

Race, ball, for fork crown (UF-STD-805) 000805
Race, ball, for handlebar lug (UF-STD-806) 000806

Looking at the frame where the triple tree goes through, there is recesses top and bottom that appear to take the bearing race. That accounts for the frame and 2 races.

The triple tree has a race already on it at the bottom (I am assuming it is part number 000806)

But that leave me with no race for the under side of the top of the triple tree. Can someone confirm if there is a race required on the underside of the upper triple tree clamp?

Re: 1941 WD G3L Bearing Race Question

The ball races for the frame are listed under the frame section in the parts list 2 x STD-806

The forks require 1 x STD-805 and 1 x STD-806.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Ron

Thanks again.

I can only go off the excel spreadsheet I have and it said 1 of each, which I felt was wrong.

I'll need to check the remaining parts to see if there is a third race hiding in there.

Otherwise, I'll order one online.

Cheers

Al

I used this illustrated parts list. I have two or three more lists, one of which covers the Miller equipped G3L's. Ron
scan0002
scan0010

Ron

Yes, I have one of those for my contract.

I find the "1941-1948_AJS_=M=_Searchcable_Spares_list.xlsx" and the "Front_forks_1941-1963_singles__Spare_Part_Break_Down_Table.xlsx" to be easier to navigate when I am looking for specific parts. Just in this instance it has let me down.

The spreadsheet has the models by year and sub-models, Old part number, New part number, size, and until now the quantity. :joy:

I'm pretty sure I downloaded it from Jampot archives. Author is John Ready and dated August 2008.

Has served me well so far. Especially with the new part number equivalent when searching to order online.

Thanks

Al

I have parts lists and instruction manuals for all my bikes. The non illustrated list are extremely frustrating to me. Some makers offer far more information than others. For instance the spacers and tube dimensions you are enquiring after will probably be listed by Royal Enfield. So the only way I could help in that respect would mean taking my bike apart.:wrench: :hammer: :confounded: Ron

Well get to it old boy. They ain't going to measure themselves. :joy:

All in jest.

Nieuwe pagina 1