Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Permanent Memorial to DR’s at the National Memorial Arboretum

I posted a new topic last week in connection with the plans to raise funds for a permanent memorial to DR’s at the National Memorial Arboretum. The post was headed VMCC Memorial run and perhaps this was a poor choice of title. I would have thought that a number of people on this group would have thought that a permanent memorial to DR’s and all serving motorcyclist would be a worthy cause. Is there really no one on this group that would wish to support this? I would say that I have nothing to do with this run but have been asked to see if I could encourage people on WW2 motorcycles and preferably period uniforms to take part. I have been sent an entry form if any would like to go. JT

Re: Permanent Memorial to DR’s at the National Memorial Arboretum

John the last one of these runs that I saw and was advertised as a DR run, included 100's of modern bikes, which is nothing I want to personally be part of. I'm happy to chip in if someone is collecting donations, but I prefer the DR runs that we organize ourselves.

Regards Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I have always considered this a very worthwhile cause...I can't make the run but am interested in donating. Though not a fan of the VMCC involvement I would put that to one side for a successful result....Where can I get more information about the 'target' amount required, the type of memorial proposed and the process of making a donation?

I proposed organising something similar a number of years back and even liased with an appropriate sculptor about specification, commissioning, etc...Sadly the response wasn't encouraging at the time.. Turning the idea into motivation and action was the stumbling block as always...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Five of us as our little group of friends are very keen to come along to this run, we will all be on our WD bikes. I have to say I wouldn't be so keen to support it if we were to be lost in a sea of other bikes. If other bikes are to join in maybe they could be separated from all the WD ones ?

I've signed up for it and will by on my WM20.
It would be good if Wd bikes can ride together separated from others

John has asked me to post a link to the entry form. Ron
https://forms.office.com/r/uc46XJBgHQ

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1