Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Saddle mounting brackets

So dragged the M20 out of the container where it has been for the past few years with a view to sorting a few small jobs on it and have ended up completely pulling to pieces!

One of the jobs I knew it needed sorting was the saddle, has anyone got a picture of the front mount as this bike has had a bracket made for it at some point in its life and I’m sure it can’t be right.

Also another job on it is that the rear stand touches the brake actuator when in the raised position, I assume something is worn somewhere and will need building up, any ideas?

Thanks
Tom

https://ibb.co/rGXT22J
https://ibb.co/k3Rg2fX
https://ibb.co/wQYw9XV

email (option): t-watts1@hotmail.co.uk

Re: Saddle mounting brackets

If the rear brake plate was bolted to the proper hole at the end of the steady it would move the brake lever up a bit, I wonder why that was done?

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

240-F7-B53-9788-4-D0-A-99-E7-A633-C6381-A0-B
17-B47908-4621-4-CF2-A9-B1-DD015-EFDDCA9
4-B58-A459-B96-B-4-BF5-9-EB3-92-C838139-BD6

Rob,

I see what you mean, now why didn’t I notice that at the time! 🤦‍♂️

email (option): t-watts1@hotmail.co.uk

Hi Tom
I have original bsa brackets nos - but they need cleaning
There are 2 sides -
1 plain
1 threaded
I have the plain types if you are interested

They will need riveting to the seat nose however

Br
Jo’b

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

The rear stand mounting hole has been butchered
You have a slot where as it should be a hole and be a little lower than yours
The stand does run very close to the brake arm
It must have been fashionable at one time to make those stands pull out by chopping the bottom off the hole as I have repaired about a dozen of them.
Repair is to make a thick bush that is a good fit on the mounting bolt
Grind away enough of the remaining mount so the bush is a good fit & weld it into position
We used a long rod from the right side hole through to the left to keep everything in alignmant
After the top is welded into position and you check the stand works properly then build up under the bush and use high strength rods
Then grind back to shape & thickness or make up a plate to fill the gap .
I had previously tried to make up the missing section out of steel plate & weld it in but there is not enough metal to get a strong weld and the plates broke out
The last one I did, I used the inner race of a bearing that I happened to have ( it was deceased ) that was a nice

I'm not sure how Trevor can see a slot in your stand mounting boss, but they do have a habit of breaking out from misuse. I always wince when I see someone standing on the footrests to kick start or heaving the bike onto it's stand with force. But just in case you need to repair it, here is the center dimension. Ron
IMG-3938
BSA-frame

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1