WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: WM20 rubber mounted top yoke query

It does not clamp directly to the seering stem
It clamps onto the sleeve nut that retains the steering bearing
So yes there is a sleeve ( sort of ) in there .
The rubber mounting was a feature found on De-Luxe models and only a standard fitment on the Dutch model AFAIK
If whrong those more accute with the minute details will correc me.
OTOH they do make fr a much more comfortable ride particularly if you are intending to do anything over 300 miles a day.

They were first introduced in 1935 , there are a few forms. They are used on Blue Star Model J 15-5275 M series Slopers 24-5284 arms will be 15 for Blue Star and 31 for M Series
Y and G Use 33-5042
Empire star Silver Star Gold Star M20 use 66-5135
There are 7/8 and 1” bar sizes.
Early ones have sleeve as part of the top bearing cup, hence why your one don’t fit a M20 yoke.
Where as empire silver gold M20 clamp directly to the yoke

Thanks both,

It's never simple! I'll look for a part number under the paint and take it from there. I wonder if a post-war sleeve will fit...?

email (option): cmmacd @hotmail.co.uk

Funnily enough, I have a sleeved head race bearing cup in at the moment to reproduce.

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

Craig MacDonald
Thanks both,

It's never simple! I'll look for a part number under the paint and take it from there. I wonder if a post-war sleeve will fit...?

It can be easy. John has a correct early top yoke for sale for a M20 (see wanted/for sale section). Just buy that 1 and sell the one you have now. It can be difficult to make the correct sleeve and fit it properly, someone in the Netherlands told me as he did this.

Regards,
Bastiaan

email (option): wdmotorcycles@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1