Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
VMCC Memorial Run

HI John,

The VMCC Despatch Rider Memorial Run will take place on the 1st of May 2022. The aim of the ride in is to raise funds for a permanent memorial at the National Memorial Arboretum to Despatch Riders and Messenger's both military and civilian that have lost their lives in armed conflict or just doing their job.

The ride in will start at the National Motorcycle Museum with a briefing at 09:00 and commence at 09:30 and arrive at the NMA at 10:30 - 11:00. The ride will be led by myself On a Matchless G3 1940WO in military uniform of the period utilising the second man drop off system and there will be a “Tail end Charlie” Riding a 1940 Velocette MSS similarly attired who will signal the drop offs to rejoin the ride as he approaches them. This rider will be followed by “the van of shame” to cover any breakdowns. The VMCC is setting up a specific charity to enable the recovery of tax from donations via Gift Aid for this very worthy cause. It is hoped that this will become an annual event if the inaugural run is successful.

The ride in will not be limited to VMCC members and and entry form will be available from the VMCC website and various motorcycling publications. We welcome the inclusion of veteran, vintage, classic and modern machines, but we are especially looking forward to seeing riders of military Despatch Rider bikes hopefully in military uniform to make the day.

Regards,

Neil Trinder
(Tommy RE)
Sent from my iPad

Re: VMCC Memorial Run

I was asked to spread the word of this very worthy cause by Neil (Tommy). If you would like to take part please email Tommy at Neil.T@VMCC.net

Re: VMCC Memorial Run

John Tinley
HI John,

The VMCC Despatch Rider Memorial Run will take place on the 1st of May 2022. The aim of the ride in is to raise funds for a permanent memorial at the National Memorial Arboretum to Despatch Riders and Messenger\'s both military and civilian that have lost their lives in armed conflict or just doing their job.

The ride in will start at the National Motorcycle Museum with a briefing at 09:00 and commence at 09:30 and arrive at the NMA at 10:30 - 11:00. The ride will be led by myself On a Matchless G3 1940WO in military uniform of the period utilising the second man drop off system and there will be a “Tail end Charlie” Riding a 1940 Velocette MSS similarly attired who will signal the drop offs to rejoin the ride as he approaches them. This rider will be followed by “the van of shame” to cover any breakdowns. The VMCC is setting up a specific charity to enable the recovery of tax from donations via Gift Aid for this very worthy cause. It is hoped that this will become an annual event if the inaugural run is successful.

The ride in will not be limited to VMCC members and and entry form will be available from the VMCC website and various motorcycling publications. We welcome the inclusion of veteran, vintage, classic and modern machines, but we are especially looking forward to seeing riders of military Despatch Rider bikes hopefully in military uniform to make the day.

Regards,

Neil Trinder
(Tommy RE)
Sent from my iPad
Following on from my earlier post in January, I am asking if any of you would contact me with regard to the Duty To Ride run taking place on the 1st of May. The response from military bike owners has been to say the least, underwhelming. So far, we have only two M20 owners that have registered an interest in participating in the ride, that makes a grand total of four military bikes including myself and the tail end Charlie with a possible Harley WLC riders health permitting. I can assure you all that this is not a covert way of trying to get new members for the VMCC as membership is a personal choice. There has been a good general response from across the riding community with even a rider on a humble Bantam a few more from the military contingent would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Neil (Tommy RE) Trinder

email (option): Neil.T@VMCC.net

Nieuwe pagina 1