Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ariel W/NG speedo bracket

Hi, I'm in need of a speedo bracket for a first contract 1940 Ariel W/NG, that's the one to mount the speedo centrally.
Understood there's not much chance of an original one being available for sale, so I'm happy to make one if anyone is able to provide dimensions please?
I've got the parts book showing the general shape so I'm needing exact measurements so I can get it spot on.
Any help gratefully received thanks.
Rupert.

Re: Ariel W/NG speedo bracket

How does a first contract Ariel speedo bracket look like...? Is it similar or identical to the early BSA version? I think (not sure) that the BSA KM20 bracket is actually a Jaeger / Smiths item...?

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Jan D10/143 ?? Ron

scan-170909-0025-2

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Jan, I've emailed you a pic of the speedo bracket from the parts book. Feel free to post it here, sorry I don't know how to do that myself.
From original photos of bikes in ww2 the bracket appears to fit between the top headlamp bracket lugs on the forks.
Not sure if the same bracket was used on other makes of bike, I assumed it was specific to early W/NG.
Regards and thanks.

Thanks Ron that's the one, as per pic I've sent to Jan.
Details on a postcard please, or on anything else for that matter.

Ah, sorry, won't be able to help you with that one I'm afraid...

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Thanks for trying Jan.
So if anyone out there has an early W/NG with one of these brackets fitted?....

86-8
ariel-army4-kopie
RAF-W-NG-7

found a few pictures in my 'library' maybe you can make one, does not look very complicated.

Nieuwe pagina 1