Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Nice restoration video

I believe even Harley Davidson once made a copy off this side valve twin, the XA.
And I must say I like these twins with their rather rough looks, although I am more a britbiker myself.

I have a theory that anyone who copies a BMW makes a worse bike...:laughing: The assorted Russian and Chinese BMW clones and the XA, which was inspired by the BMW but had some very crude design features, seem to confirm that...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ian Wright
I have a theory that anyone who copies a BMW makes a worse bike...:laughing: The assorted Russian and Chinese BMW clones and the XA, which was inspired by the BMW but had some very crude design features, seem to confirm that...Ian
Good point indeed Ian.

/s

Here is one of four Harley XA's that went through my hands. I only had a hand in their restoration. One of the main parts was finding a firm in Hull who could make new big end cage and rollers to replace the poor design of the knackered originals.

At least these had a four speed foot change and handlebar clutch, but I don't really want to see any more of them. Ron

G-1477

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Well that certainly looks nice enough Ron!

/Simon

Cheers Simon. I imported the first "barn find" from Spokane, USA and it snowballed into about 8/9 of them mostly from USA. I only handled four of them, the last two I sold to a well known wealthy collector as basket cases who already owned 2 or 3 of the restored XA's. Some people are just plain greedy. :yum: Ron

XA-028
XA-022
XA-042

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1