The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: WM20 Clutch confusion

wm20
I thought everyone came to a stop in neutral because it's the sensible thing to do. I haven't heard about having to stay in gear with the clutch in at lights, don't have to do it in SA but I suppose they'll get around to it. I always ride with a spare clutch cable, now I'll have to carry 2. The local authorities here's particular interest is to slap ever lower speed limits on any road they can find.

I've heard of that ridiculous practice being taught my motorcycle instructors in the UK...There is no logical reason to 'sit on the clutch' at a junction that I can deduce...I generally select neutral as I come to a halt and always have done...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I saw the sitting in gear approach advocated on an American site. The idea is that you're ready to drop the clutch & get out of oncoming danger. I hae ma doots.

I don't recall having to do that in 52 years of motorcycling and about a trillion stops at junctions....However, I think you should stare upwards as well in case something drops out of the sky....:small_airplane: :comet: :laughing: ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1