Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Norton 16H 1939

That's a shame, Rob...so annoying too that the complete tail unit has been lost.

We know that it was supplied to the British Army in 1939 and it has not been subject to a single service modification (carrier, Ni-Fe reg ulation etc.) It simply couldn't have remained in service after 1940 which doesn't leave any option beyond BEF.

Bastian,

Very nice find, it's good to see an example like that going to a good home.

At last after all these years of messing with inferior brands you were blessed with a Norton. There's no turning back now... :)

Kostas

email (option): Ferrarakias@hotmail.com

New from Norton for 1939!!!...the 1935 model...:laughing:...Nevertheless, a great find and I'm looking forward to seeing another one of your quality restorations...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

1936 pattern, Ian...Don't exaggerate ! :grinning:

Hope to see it for real soon, a real time capsule!

I got an unrestored September '39 16H all matching numbers bike from Belgium some months ago, not had much time to do anything with it, but it did start up, But had some unidentifyable wheels in it, but found some nice ones in the meantime. More about this later I hope.

Bastiaan has yours also a matt chrome carb, with raised lettering for the model number? difficult to see on the pictures.

Cheers,

Lex

Lex,

That is indeed the same carb as on yours!
With raised lettering and painted silverish.

Cheers,

Rob

email (option): wd16h@telfort.nl

Rob, is right as he already visited me and took a very close look at the Norton.

@Ian: thank you for your kind words. The idea is to restore this Norton as how it left the factory. First I have to find the few missing parts.

These are 2x photos with Norton's from the same contract (thanks Rik!):

C396077-C3139-RML-249-QVR

C395889-C3139-RML-149-QVR

email (option): wdmotorcycles@gmail.com

That's excellent, great to find them like that.

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Those pictures are of the 1st Battalion, Queen Victoria’s Rifles (QVR), a TA regiment affiliated to The King’s Royal Rifle Corps, training as a motor-cycle reconnaissance battalion in the New Forest near Beaulieu. I bought the top picture off ebay :relaxed:

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1