Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: ANNEALING Copper ( and other meetals )

Aloha,

"it is the duty of all who actually know something is totally wrong to point it out, particularly on the WWW because the stuff we post will potentially remain in cyber space till well after we pollute ourselves into oblivion"

Is it really though? Whenever something is wrong on the entire WWW? Like Ian Clare said this makes you come across as a strict school master, and in combination with your lack of finesse in your writing (I said that) perhaps as a somewhat unpleasant know it-all. And this is a type of character unfamiliar to this forum, you will probably be getting the same reaction to future posts if you keep this up.

As I final advice, and this is a friendly one a assure you, I would recommend you to get a different alias, many (most?) of us have WM20-bikes and it gets confusing. (As for my somewhat silly alias I started using it on US brit bike-forums many years ago, mainly because I kept getting advices along the lines of "you can get that at *insert name of chain of hard ware-stores* ", and I had to keep explaining that I live in metric-land. The stupid nick stuck and it is now me, but hey at least it is only me.)

Best regards,

Simon

I really had to laugh at that mushroom comment ! made my day.
And to add my penny; perhaps call this post mental ?? haha.
Sorry folks, trying to kick off from all those oliebollen...

A-VERY-GOOD-2022

for those who like Ishihara ! HAVE A GOOD 2022

please, let's call a halt to this thread now and get back to driveling on about bikes.

['for those who like Ishihara'].....

Very Good:laughing: ...and the same to you but in Cycle thread...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Simonofsweden
Aloha,

"it is the duty of all who actually know something is totally wrong to point it out, particularly on the WWW because the stuff we post will potentially remain in cyber space till well after we pollute ourselves into oblivion"

Is it really though? Whenever something is wrong on the entire WWW? Like Ian Clare said this makes you come across as a strict school master, and in combination with your lack of finesse in your writing (I said that) perhaps as a somewhat unpleasant know it-all. And this is a type of character unfamiliar to this forum, you will probably be getting the same reaction to future posts if you keep this up.

As I final advice, and this is a friendly one a assure you, I would recommend you to get a different alias, many (most?) of us have WM20-bikes and it gets confusing. (As for my somewhat silly alias I started using it on US brit bike-forums many years ago, mainly because I kept getting advices along the lines of "you can get that at *insert name of chain of hard ware-stores* ", and I had to keep explaining that I live in metric-land. The stupid nick stuck and it is now me, but hey at least it is only me.)

Best regards,

Simon
My final word on this which most of you will be happy about.
Firstly it was deliberately a new thread, not tacked onto another so as not to infer any critism of any poster here , not belittle or berate any one for not knowing .

Next
“For evil men to accomplish their purpose, it is only necessary that good men do nothing,”
A popular quote which is most likley not a quote at all but it is still very true, particularly when it comes to the WWW.
People and in particular children have died because confused parents believed false claims that infant vaccines make children autistic or other silly claims and that has been repeated so many times that they have mushroomed into a massive anti- vaccination organization. It should have been called out as being trash when it was first posted but those who knew betted ignored it because they thought no one would be stupid enough to believe such rubbish .

So it is the duty of those who know to call out whatever misinformation they see when they come across it .
We do it regularly right here on this forum when some one posts a reply that is wrong, some one else corrects it .
I have made just as many mistakes as any one else and when proven to be wrong acknowledge the mistake , thank whoever corrected me and if possible remove the wrong post ( which is not possible on this forum ).
If you check you will see this is SOP.

Nieuwe pagina 1