Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
UK visit

Hoping to be in UK May 6th to June 9th, staying in North Yorks, Hull and West Yorkshire.
Any bike swap meets, car boots etc around those dates ?
Searching on line is hopeless.
Baz

email (option): binnawan@iinet.net.au

Re: UK visit

Don't forget to drop in and say Hello.

I can't help with the Jumbles and Meets as I'm not allowed out very often.

We're in Goldthorpe, so should be in your range.

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

Baz, you could do a lot worse than spend about 10USD on a digital-only subscription for 6 monthly issues of Old Bike Mart (OBM). It’s a good magazine anyway but in particular always carries a good selection of adverts/listings for forthcoming UK events.
To start off your list I note that there is an Auto & Bike jumble at the Yorkshire Event Centre scheduled for May 21st, also the Rufforth Autojumble near York which takes place on the first Saturday of every month.

ChrisJ

Hi baz
A quick look reveals the following

Beaulieu spring Autojumble 14/15 may - although this is on the south coast
It’s a big jumble - approx 2/3 of the size of the autumn affair & is a mix of auto & bike - but mostly car - putting that aside - it’s a great couple of days surrounded by rusty rubbish

Newark is on 5 June - it’s hit & miss &!an increasing amount of non auto/ bike stuff there
Advantage is is up north & not far from where you are staying

Were it my choice - beaulieu would be it
Br
Job

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Mark Cook
Don't forget to drop in and say Hello.

I can't help with the Jumbles and Meets as I'm not allowed out very often.

We're in Goldthorpe, so should be in your range.
Hi Mark.
About 100 years ago I used to deliver soft drinks around Goldie, and Grimy and Barnsley area'
Drink T&P Table waters.
Best Wishes All, for Christmas and New Year.

Thanks Chris, definitely will visit Rufforth and York.
Baz

I live in York, so If you are going to Rufforth let me know will meet up with you .

Another good one to go to is classic bike nights at Sherburn-in-Elmet Squires Cafe, Every Thursday evening.

It will be packed that time of year if it's not raining.

Don't forget to visit cravens motocycle museum , it's just outside of York Stockton on Forest.

Definitely going there Woody. I never miss York, Scarboro or Whitby on a trip to Uk.
I'll shoot an email closer to the date.
BTW, Sherburn is another of my old stamping grounds from 100 years ago. I used to drive old buses from Bristol to Sherburn and we stripped them for salvage. It was an old WW2 airstrip. Interesting (if you are interested in useless info!) We were given 11 quid to get a train to Bristol and drive a bus back. That would have been about 1959 ish. Happy days.
Baz

Nieuwe pagina 1