Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Clutch Covers

Has anyone used an Indian clutch cover. I recently purchased one and the quality of the pressing seems very good. It's a shame the holes were not drilled in the right place. The other concern is that it's not tall enough to clear the clutch pressure plate. It'll be some months before I'm in a position to try it for real.

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

Re: Clutch Covers

I had fibre plats made that will run wet..The clutch cover then became a surplus part...Plates of the correct dimensions and material can be manufactured by Saftek (01952 581122) at a reasonable price...
This mod has the added benefit that any fibre that wears off the plates can escape and does not clog up the clutch, which it does over time with the standard set up...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Mark Cook
Has anyone used an Indian clutch cover. I recently purchased one and the quality of the pressing seems very good. It's a shame the holes were not drilled in the right place. The other concern is that it's not tall enough to clear the clutch pressure plate. It'll be some months before I'm in a position to try it for real.
Can you pls state the supliers name?

email (option): michasteinmann@gmail.com

All the ones on ebay at the moment seem to be of the same origin. Well the picture looks the same Michael.
vintage_india1989 is where mine came from.

As I mentioned in another post Ian, Surflex have listings for them. When I have some spare pocket money I'll ask if they will make me a batch of all three plates. I expect they will be oil tolerant as well.

I have a small batch of billets for the basket and hub, so when I'm allowed some machine time I'll have a play with them.

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

There is no reason to use 3 seperate plates now that we can successfully bond fibre plates onto steel.
Thicker steel plates with less fibre bonded to the drive plates would be a useful upgrsde.
I might be unique but I find the thin plates deform very easily and gouge the groves in the chainwheel very quickly.
Usually I run 2 double drive plates and 2 double driven plates + 1 set of singles plates which I think has worked best
When I get some more gas I am going to weld some old ones together .
Evert time I pull the clutch apart I alter the pocition of the single plate to shift the position where the tangs run on the chainwheel groove
There is no reason for all of those slip faces on a clutch for a 13 Hp engine

If the top hat has the bolt holes in the wrong place then it is probably for a 6 spring clutch for an A10 or B33
I was going to get some made at a press shop as they are a simple pressing or a slightly more complicated spinning and if spun could be made in aluminium.
However when I checked around they were everywhere and the vendors said they would be lucky to sell more than 2 a year so a 1000 unit press run was not a viable alternative as I doubt I will be around in the year 3000 to sell the final one.
Any less and the unit price skyrockets to cover the cost of the press dies .

Nieuwe pagina 1