Author
Comment
Bsa wm20

Buongiorno a tutti
Ho da poco preso una bsa wm20
Frame wm20. 62912
Motor wm20. 28895
Provenienza campo Arar Roma

Se possibile vorrei risalire al numero militare. C.....

A quale reparto è stata aggregata, compagnia, il colore e tutte le informazioni che gentilmente riuscirete a darmi.
Prime di iniziare il restauro.
Grazie mille per la risposta e tutto l'aiuto che potrete darmi.
Anselmo Michele.

email (option): rsdoan@libero.it

Re: Bsa wm20

Goodmorning everyone I recently got a bsa wm20 Frame wm20. 62912 Motor wm20. 28895 Provenance Campo Arar Rome If possible I would like to go back to the military number. C .....

To which department it was aggregated, company, color and all the information that you will kindly be able to give me.
Before starting the restoration.
Thank you very much for your reply and all the help you can give me.
Anselmo Michele.

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Buongiorno Michele,

Il numero sul serbatoio de la tua moto dovrebbe essere C4345487 (il numero que corrisponda con il motore), o C47666620 (il numero que corrisponda con il telaio).

E quasi sempre impossibile di ritrovare dove il moto era nella guerra.

Ciao,
Giovanni Delcampo

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Grazie mille

Si riesce a capire solo se la moto era stata destinata a reparti inglesi oppure canadesi o australiani?

Anche il colore non riusciamo a Stabilirlo?

Esiste una tabella colori?

Grazie mille per tutto l aiuto che riuscite a darmi.

Buongiorno,

Non e possibile di sapere si la moto (in fatto ci sono due, motore et telaio non vengono de la stessa moto) era Inglese, Canadese o Australiane. Possiamo fare una cosa: si troviamo queste numeri nel archivi Australiani, siamo sicuro di qua.

@ Rob Miller: could you check if the numbers 62912 and 28895 appear in the Australian AWM ledgers?

Il numero 62912 e fatto in 1943 (approssimativo)
Il numero 28895 e fatto in 1942 (aprossimativo)
Di 1940 a 1942 il colore era Khaki Green N°3, di 1943 a 1944 era Standard Camouflage Colour N°2.

Ciao,
Giovanni Delcampo

Grazie a tutti penso che darò priorità al telaio quindi presumibilmente 1943 con colorazione standard camouflage n 2
C'è una sigla per riprodurre il colore?
C'è nell'archivio una moto simile alla mia da poter vedere?
Grazie ancora

email (option): rsdoan@libero.it

Ciao,
SCC2 e il colore "bruno". Come la Royal Enfield da Stuart Bray.
Giovani

The last Australian forces left Egypt in January 1943 and they did not fight in Italy. Vehicles which had never been in Australia will not feature in their lists. The Canadians used mainly Nortons during the Italian campaign....Most likely original users were British, but New Zealand, Indian or Polish are also possible. The machine would though have been issued via the British Army ordnance supply system.

This is C4345492 in use in the UK (with the large early fuel tank).

C4345492

Unfortunately, due to the time that he spends working in the fields, Signor Delcampo has clumsy fingers and has typed a '7' instead of a '6' :grinning: ...Your number was C4666620. Many of this contract were taken by the British Army to Italy. You can see how the later, smaller fuel tank was in use by this time.

C4636149-b

Hi Rik
What contract / approximate manufacture date is the first bike
It still has no side damper just a large nut for adjustment
Sorry but all my reference books are still in storage - I cannot refer to myself just now
Br
John

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

John ! You poor old thing ! I'd go mad without my books and papers...

It's from the big one - C7287 - WM20 25001 - WM20 42000 - Delivery started in August 1940. Mid-October 1940 would seem about right based on the Chilwell receipts.

Unfortunately, due to the time that he spends working in the fields, Signor Delcampo has clumsy fingers and has typed a '7' instead of a '6' ...Your number was C4666620.

Nieuwe pagina 1