WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Trafalgar...

Ian, if only you could have been there....:blush:

No thanks...It was a great historical event but as is often the case most of those involved were just ordinary men paying the price for a breakdown of politics...Nevertheless, a notable moment in our history...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Happy Trafalgar day one and all...being a pompey boy born and bred it's always been an honour to be associated with the Victory and its presence still looms large over our fair city.....as does Southwick house,which we're all familiar with, on the outskirts of Portsea island!!..these are just small parts of the rich British military history on our doorstep!....glad to live here...( and,no I dont work for the Portsmouth tourist board!😂)...huzzah!!...." England expects.."....good shout ian!!...

email (option): jacko1977pfc@gmail.com

I've only visited 'Victory' with the modern Norton...This was 1989...I was a twenty-something and the bike was a teenager.:grinning:

Victory

I have been privileged to attend trafalgar night dinner at Greenwich-on more than one occasion , my wife sat next to an empty seat on the top table , and each course was served and glasses filled with no one in the chair , the commander sitting next to her explained this would continue throughout the dinner as that place at the table was Nelsons, and the table’s were laden with silverware, what a night what a privilege

email (option): warbikes@gmaledit con think about this ?

I've liked the Turner painting of HMS Temeraire since I saw a print as a kid. Only comparatively recently have I found out a bit about the ship.

Nieuwe pagina 1