Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Oil Tank Support Plate.

I know I am not very bright but in the technical section, Part No. 66-4889 oil tank support plate, can somebody please tell me what the 1/4 bsc nut welded to the plate is for? Also what is the 11/32 hole for that is 1 3/8 from the right hand edge and 1 5/16 from the bottom edge please ? Thanking you in anticipation. Regards to everybody, Dave BARRY.

email (option): cooch.212@hotmail.com

Re: Oil Tank Support Plate.

Dave, the 1/4" BSC nut is where one side of the rear plate for the battery bracket is secured and the hole 1 3/8" from the RH edge of the drawing is one of the oil tank securing points.
That drawing is done from the oil tank side of the mounting plate.

This picture of the rear part of the battery bracket sitting on the oil tank mounting plate might help?

I drew that up about 17 years ago so it isn't flash - I didn't have anything other than Word to do it.
Let me know if you need any other details around the oil tank bracket mounting as it can be confusing with the rear mudguard bracket, the battery bracket and the three oil tank spacers.

email (option): rays54@hotmail.com

Re: Oil Tank Support Plate.

Thank you very much Ray. I think I may be able to sort it out now, but if I have any other questions I will email you. Its a bit hard when you start a rebuild with just a box of bits. Regards Dave.

email (option): cooch.212@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1