Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 65-7523 primary sliding plate bolt

Drags list 66-7523 as sliding plate short. Presumably then there is a different part number in the post war lists for a longer bolt.

https://draganfly.co.uk/shop/74308/sliding-plate-bolt-short/#66-7523

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

The thickness of the sealing felt can also have an effect...Some pattern felts are too thick. When the nut at the rear is fully tightened the shoulder on the bolt sits against the rear face of the chain case.. The shoulder must be of a length whereby the plate and the felt are compressed to make the seal but are not so tightly held that they will not slide readily when the gearbox is moved to adjust primary chain tension...

I generally assemble everything and test the condition outlined above..If the bolts are too short you can fit shim washers under them to give more length...If they are too long you can try a washer under the head to take up the clearance...As I have a lathe I generally make mine to suit each time I build a bike, once I've worked out what's needed...

On my Gold Star I replaced the felt seal with a neoprene ring which I greased on assembly and that works well and gives a more consistent thickness across its surface and good support for the sliding plate....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Thanks all
Ron
I looked at that bolt/screw it looks like the long ones I got myself
The shorter version is noticeably shorter
I’ll compare them tomorrow as in the U.K. again & in the sheds packing next 2 days
Br
Jo’b

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

I was reminded about this bolt this morning.

Does this look about correct?

Mark

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

Nieuwe pagina 1