Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: TRW Pannier Bags

This is a NOS pair of TRW bags that I have (in my reserve stock). One bag is lighter than the other and I thought it had been stored in a position where it faded. But I'm not so sure they are not simply from different batch colours of canvas, as the fading is so uniform. They are a bit too green for wartime bike use, but I know they will fade over time. So these will remain as reserves until such time as a decent pair of tan or brown ones come along. Ron
DSCF3995-2

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Ian Wright
Those are the correct bag carriers for a TRW and both the carriers and the bags themselves are dimensionally the same as wartime ones...

Later BSA B40s had the smaller carriers and smaller bags of a different pattern ...Ian
Thanks Ian

email (option): dave.stapleton@me.com

So Dave your racks are correct , mine that I mentioned are very different, so yet to find out what mine fit , will post a photo to Ron who knows how to post photos because I have tried in vain , DOH , so Dave there are good reproductions made in the U.K. by frank brown, cannot remember his business name but he will be following this thread ,

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

No problem Andy, but I already posted a link to Frank after the initial inquiry. Ron

Ron, have you tried to put them on the wartime racks? I have 2 pairs of NOS bags like those but there is no way they could fit properly.

email (option): csbajkuATgmail.com

Here's my TRW with wartime pattern bags and Y straps fitted to the original TRW carriers and one of my M20s fitted with the green TRW bags....Having had both a TRW and an M20 at the same time I can confirm the carriers are identical...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Clive and all. Here is one of the original pannier frames that I removed from my 5SW and fitted with a TRW bag. Apart from the stiffness of the unused canvas, it went straight on without a struggle. Ron
DSCF4010-2
DSCF4011-2

Thanks for all the replies to my request for information on TRW saddlebags, all very helpful, especially the photos.

I have sent a message to Frank Brown a few days ago via his website but not had a reply yet.

email (option): dave.stapleton@me.com

Dave
Thanks for all the replies to my request for information on TRW saddlebags, all very helpful, especially the photos.

I have sent a message to Frank Brown a few days ago via his website but not had a reply yet.
Hi All
Anyone know if Frank Brown is still in business, still not heard from him via his message system on his website?
Dave

I'm sure that he is. Via Facebook / Messenger usually gets a very quick reply...If Facebook's still working, of course !

👍🏻

Dave
👍🏻
Sorry my last post should have said this:

Just a quick post to say that I have recently received my set of replica TRW pannier bags and Y straps in green from Frank Brown and I have to say that I am really pleased and impressed with them. They look great and the quality is excellent.

👍🏻

email (option): TRW Pannier Bags

I just noticed in this picture of later war 3HW's that they are dark bags with tan piping. Could they have started the green bags earlier than TRW at Meriden? If so, those green ones of mine could replace the tan bags on my late 3HW.:relaxed: Ron
Meriden1943

Ron, might they have changed from brown with SCC No.2 to green with Olive Drab ? It would seem logical as presumably all vehicle canvases changed at that time ?

Oh for original colour pictures!!! Ron

The bags on the M20 in the current forum picture are the 'taller' style...They also have a strong colour differential between the bag material, the edging and the webbing fitments....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1