Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: M20clutch spring tool

[' I suppose some come from here, some from the UK..']...There are also Indian made ones...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: M20 clutch spring tool

can you please post dimensions Ron, or email them to me ?
Baz

email (option): binnawan@iinet.net.au

Will email you Baz.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

An additional note
As square guage material is no longer available in the same size guage as bsa originally used - more recent offerings are round wire - which with some tools are not compatible size wise with the new round wire

If you find a spring maker who has some of the old square wire guage in stock, then get one done, failing that make up a tool for the new size round wire springs - they are operationally the same just different dimensionally
I now regret selling my nos springs - both clutch & Cush drive -
Br
Jo’b

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Robb Nortier makes them in the U.S of A..dont know about postage rates but they look a nice bit of kit !"British tool company".. britool51@hotmail.com ..

email (option): jacko1977pfc@gmail.com

Re: M20clutch spring tool

Yes, Ian, I hadn't thought of that. I mostly go through stuff I bought years ago so I don't know much about the Indian Made issue.

This seemed to work. The nut was flogged from previous installation and removal. Was hard to get off all the way, the thread on the nut was poor on inspection once removed.

Used 2 x 75mm square washers (Bunnings I/N 0044451)
M5 40mm Hex bolts and Nuts (Bunnings I/N 0247339)
5/16 BSCY Bolt 3 inches (Classic fasteners – 4 inch would be better as I had to back off the 5mm bolts to fully release the spring)
5/16 BSCY Nut (Classic fasteners)

Drilled out at 57mm using a pattern of 5mm holes then die grind to neat fit. Did taper the hole towards the front so is does not grab on the nut during removal.
Stacked plates and drilled out to take a 5mm tap. Enlarged top plate holes to accept 5mm bolt and nut.
Cost me less than $10 for the materials.

Cheers
Brian

20211120-155937

email (option): zola.industries@bigpond.com

Hello Gentlemen

Hope you Chaps are all very well, been away for a while from the world of WM20's, laid my WM20 up 2 years ago.. SO got round to it last week at long last. Did all the basic servicing & she fired up yesterday, timing we did today..clutch was slipping very badly which was why I think I put it to one side whilst messing about with other things that have petrol in them...

So cleaned the clutch in situ with petrol but it was pretty badly full of crud/oil. Been good for about 10 years without service.

The clutch spring tool that Michiel makes looks great (just emailed him) so hopfully he has one..

email (option): kit247@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1