Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Carb bellmouth thread size?

The Amal book only gives the information that you already know. It's a very fine thread for the diameter involved. It's not ME. I'm not an engineer, but since there's only 5 degree difference between the thread angles BSF and BSC, could you not cut one and try it and maybe alter it if it's the wrong one? Ron

Scan-20210910

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

It looks to be BSF but can't be certain as even with thread gauges, I can't see a 5 degrees difference. Having old eyes is not good!

I emailed AMAL, so I will see if they reply.

Most likely to be CEI than any other thread form
For some weird reason CEI threads do not vibrate loose as easy as any other profile , so they say .

Hi, I had an adapter made for my cabby by a machinist,I am certain if take the bits to a machine shop they will be able to manufacture the part with correct threads as I think the threads are cut on a lathe.
Cheers Ian

email (option): Gawls62@icloud.com

The carb adapter is finished and am now running a air filter of a later BSA which had a monobloc carb.

For reference the carb inlet is 1 1//4" x 24 BSF.

The air filter is supposed to be 1 3/4" x 24 BSF but if you measure it, you get 1.80" x 24 BSF. How could they have made it .050" bigger?

The internals has been modified to use a modern filter you can wash and re-oil (K&N type).

After 71 years the old girl finally gets to breath clean air.

Well done, it would be nice to see some pictures so others might follow.

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

OK, how do I post a picture?

Nieuwe pagina 1