Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
M20 Girder fork cable lugs

I have a second question regarding the cable adjuster lug half way down the girder fork.
On the WM 20 there are two round castings, the one closest to the fork leg is blanked and the outer one is drilled and threaded for the cable adjuster.
I have a M20'girdermwhere both rounds are drilled and threaded, as for two cables.

I know early M series bikes had a cable / rod combination, meeting at that lug point, but that does not explain the use of two lugs.

Does any one know what the second lug is for?

Mitch

email (option): Mitchm@ppetech.co.a

Re: M20 Girder fork cable lugs

Some prewar bsa have system to connect the rear brake with a cable to the front brake .at the lug are 2 sleeves instead of 1 screwed in to make the connection between front and rear..not many people liked this conversion 😁

Thanks Roy.

I was thinking side car brake, but this makes more sense.
This fork came of a WM20, but I was sure it was not original.
Spares pulled from premwar stock I think.
It will go to my 27 empire star project, but I will not use the feature.
Funny, my Honda 1100 blackbird had the same concept using hydraulics, something like a 33 application to rear brake when you apply the front brake.
Worked great for a sports tourer, but was a serious limitation on burn outs!
But that was some years ago, when I was yonger and still needed lots of adrenaline in my diet!

Regards

Mitch

Dual front brake rod, operated by foot pedal and control lever was introduced in 1927 as an option.
Last used in 35 the lugs are possibly a left over from then.

Thanks Darren

I recall this option on the BSA sloped, but on that model it was cabled.
Appreciate the feedback.

Nieuwe pagina 1