Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: C10 in military service

PS John. I make it just a dozen supplied to Dublin Post and Telegraph and despatched in either June or October 1941. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi JOB

Nice to be here….

I am on the trail of one which is WC engine and frame but outside Madden,s contract information. Any advice on delivery would be great.

Andy

email (option): tizzard39@gmail.com

Hi Ron
I have registration numbers with frames associated with 31 of these bikes but will need to double check
The frames vary from 4 digit to 3 digit numbers & going to when they originally were issued with road tax/ fund discs - vary in years from 1940, 1941 & 1944
Next time I’m in Dublin with time I have a number of ledgers I have highlighted I need to rexamine
I admit my logging of these bikes which were not M20 were fairl brief look overs before I had to get the last flight back to Heathrow

Jo’b

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

I must admit John, my viewing on this particular subject was also brief. I only saw the final block of about 12 bikes in 1941. But there might be others individually interspersed throughout the the whole 4000 bikes. I'll look closer and note down all the details if you want. Ron

Hi Ron
I’ll send you what I have noted records on later to you

Out & about just now

Job

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

John I've taken a longer closer look.
I've found one bike supplied to the Dept of Defense, Dublin and 15 to Dept of Post and Telegraph. There are about 12-15 more to Erne Motors in Dublin. Any bikes in Dublin with a 3 figure frame number must be ex WO London as they used consecutive numbers from 101 to 1451.

I'll send you my list with frame/eng numbers and dates of despatch. Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1