Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Passport to EU....

Make sure you don't get caught out by a technicality when travelling to the EU after Brexit...EU rules state that to be allowed entry you must have at least 3 months remaining on your passport AFTER your intended return date from the EU...

Further your passport must have been issued within the last 10 years...The reason why there could be a problem there is outlined below...Ian

['Before Brexit, the Government would issue passports for ten years, plus the extra months of validity left on your old passport, meaning that many passport holders will have document that is valid for more than 10 years.

Now that British passport holders are not EU citizens, these extra months are no longer valid for travel in the EU.

Travellers nearing the end of a passport’s validity who try to travel within these extra “bonus months” could be barred from entering the EU....']

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: Passport to EU....

Yes I thought I'd renew mine with still 6-7 months left on it. But the new one started long before the expiry date of my old one....I guess because of those bonus months that are no longer valid. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1