Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Parcel to England

Hi guys, a question, for the Dutch.

Soon I will sent a parcel with some old parts to England.
Do I have to report this to the customs ?
And how ?
Do we have to pay VAT ?
and how ?
Who pays the VAT, me or the buyer ?

Has anyone in Holland done this before ???
Please let me know bsavdzande@gmail.com

Thanks !

Re: Parcel to England

Ron says we in the U.K. can import goods to the max value of £130, so as long as the goods are itemised on an invoice priced separately and do not exceed £130 the buyer in the U.K. should be fine , however the courier will likely charge a fee on top of the courier charge on arrival in the U.K. , Ron of course may be able to help further , andrew

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

As Andrew has stated, we in UK can receive a commercial purchase up to £130 with no extra fees to pay. We can only receive a gift up to £29...So avoid gifts is my advice.

Once you've paid for shipping in the country of departure, I see no reason why a courier should charge any extra. The couriers Worldwide must all work together.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

You get stung for VAT for anything over £39 and under the £130 duty limit.
Just bought some pannier supports from Jan and by the time they were in my hands I had to cough out 60% of the item price in VAT and handling charges. I will be taking them to my grave!!!
:face_with_rolling_eyes:

So the buyer pays the VAT ?
And how do the customs know the price and the VAT ?

You have to declare the value when you send.

It's why I said, not to receive stuff as a gift. I had better inform Jan about these rules. Ron

Limits for Customs Duty and Import VAT
The limits for Customs Duty and Import VAT are:
• commercial consignments (goods you’ve purchased) of £135 or less are free from Customs Duty and not subject to Import VAT - this does not include alcohol, tobacco products, perfume or toilet waters as these items are excluded from the relief of Customs Duty and VAT at import is payable
• commercial consignments sent to the UK from the Channel Islands do not benefit from any relief of Import VAT
• if you’re sent a gift with a value of £39 or less, which complies with the rules shown in section 2.4, it will be free from Customs Duty and Import VAT (gifts of alcohol and tobacco are subject to the limits shown in section 2.5 and gifts of perfumes and toilet waters are subject to the limits in section 2.6)
• Customs Duty becomes payable if the value of the goods is over £135

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1