Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
M20 Head Steady Bar

Hi,

Would anyone have dimensions or drawings for the M20 cylinder head to frame steady bar. I will need to make one as its missing.

Many thanks
Trevor

email (option): sales@cobraclassics.com

Re: M20 Head Steady Bar

Hi Trevor
I have one you can borrow if required
Br
John

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Did you found the dimensions? I need to make one as well.

email (option): gubbels943@hotmail.com

The pictures I posted in this old posting might be of some use?

http://pub37.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=3155626639&frmid=16&msgid=1197390&cmd=show

What diameter is the tube?

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

The outside diameter is 5/8, with a 16 gauge wall thickness.
Regards
Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Mark, this one is definitely an original and is 5/8" OD tube with a wall thickness of 0.100".

On this one, the hole at the frame mount end is oval but possibly from being run loose at some stage? The hole centre to hole centre looks to be 9.75" as best I can tell.
The flattened sections are 1.5" from the rounded end to the line of the tool mark at the end of the flattened section.

The headbolt hole measures at .390" now and the frame mount .540" - the orginal headbolt end would be clearance for 3/8" and the frame mount clearance for 1/2". That end was possibly slightly oval as there are shallow slots pressed into one side of that flattened piece (about .060" apart) that look like they were intended to prevent this slipping once tightened.

I only have one original bracket can't be certain of the hole size/shape at this end I'm afraid - someone else may be able to provide clarity here.

In side profile the bar is straight with the flattened section at the cylinder head end bent up at 10 degrees.

Looking down on the bar it has a 5 degree bend 4.5" from the end of the flattened end of the cylinder head end and a ten degree bend of the flattened section at the frame mount end - one of the pictures on the link above shows this fairly well.

Sorry about the verbal description - I don't have any CAD available so this was the quickest way to respond - let me know if there is any other details I've missed.
Ray

email (option): rays54@hotmail.com

The oval hole at the frame end of the steady tube is a standard feature..12 gauge tube equates to .100" thick (approx.)..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Excellent description Ray.

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

Nieuwe pagina 1