Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Vintage wire suppliers?

Hi all,

I've just learned that EES in Lancs have closed up shop. Does anyone know of another supplier of cotton (or rubber) coated wire that's up to snuff? My crochet skills just won't be enough.

email (option): cmmacd @ hotmail.co.uk

Re: Vintage wire suppliers?

Our military bikes had black rubber covered cable. Lex usually has a source for suitable cable. I have a fresh reel from him. Put Lex in the search box for his email. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Craig
I bought cable here in U.K. - you have to purchase 25M a time

If you need some - I still have some spare here - it’s silicone outer resembles old style rubber
Parts lists of the time states 18ft but with brake switches & some spare a little over 20ft would do you
You can make tags from heat shrink
Br
Job

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

I sell a DC rated max 150 volts silicone solar black wire this is rated by the manufacturer for exposure to sunlight for twenty years. It has a printed spec on that comes off with wire wool ,I sell two sizes and suggest you use the thicker one from battery to headlight switch and battery to frame , with a hidden fuse in the battery box , and suggest you keep a spare couple of fuses in the battery box
it’s multi stand copper wire so takes solder easily , the coloured rubber tags are available but as John says heat shrink tabs can be used , the colour codes are in all the wartime diagrams pm me with your location and amount in meters required and I will quote you a delivered price

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1