Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thankyou " forum-ers"

Just a quick message to all participants in this rather jolly forum..I'm not much of an interwebber( even when concentrating hard and poking my tongue out when I type i still cant get the hang of it!!) but having recently purchased an astonishingly over priced shocker of an m20 it's been a wealth of information... I purchased the bike through " the old bike mart" in February after being sent pictures and a video of the bike running!! A bit pricey but I thought but five hundred quid or so to sort the obvious aesthetic and incorrect parts and much fettling from myself should get something a bit half respectable....as soon as the courier dropped it off the penny soon followed!!.a bloody death trap and bodged from stem to stern..there wasnt a single part of the bike,no matter how small,that hadn't been butchered!! !!somebodys had an " off" in the past,levers had snapped and had been welded together again,the handlebars were twisted and the main fork spring had snapped in two,!,. It looks as if it was a donor bike and all the shit bits ended up on it and then coated with b and q khaki no3 emulsion by way of a 4inch brush!.. ( even through the hallowed pages of OBM it seems as though shysters are on the prowl?)..anyway,enough bemoaning,its my own bloody fault for not actually going to look at it,..a cautionary tale kids!!!😑..my reason for contact was not to bore you with a tale of woe but to say a hearty thankyou to everyone that contributes to the forum...the info and knowledge is astounding and been a great help along the way..I've had great dealings with ron pier and john o'brien who've both furnished me with parts and information to get the bike looking respectable and functioning a bit more like a motorcycle should!!.. plenty of work left yet but I'm well on the way....(im also looking for kit as I go too...I've got boots and a helmet but nothing inbetween yet 😁!!)...the hunt goes on and now autojumbles are back again I'm sure a few military shows will follow too!!?...... thanks again chaps..pip pip and all that! Shaun jackson portsmouth.

email (option): Jacko1977pfc@gmail.com

Re: Thankyou " forum-ers"

Please don't try & ride the bike in that condition.
Your nether regions will get caught between the tank and the seat which is quite painful
And I would suggest you fix the bike as well.

Remember these bikes were ridden under fire & can tollerate a lot of bodged parts.
Get it to a rideable condition then get out on it as much as possible.
You will be amazed just how many well wishers will suddenly pop up with offers for all sorts of bits you thought you would never find

Hi Shaun and welcome. Shame you were sold a pup, but I know that your abilities will turn it into an excellent example.

All the best. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks trevor for your words of caution...fork spring and handlebars ate now replaced ,brakes checked and work correctly etc..all cables replaced and correct carb now on..pukka lever set fitted and I've gone over the bike and replaced or sorted anything that may look suspect...which was a lot!(🤞)...electrics gone through!battery replaced,new regulator and a "Ron spec" exhaust and silencer fitted!,.now to start using the blighter!!.....and thanks Ron for the comment you made..its always nice to get a compliment from your Piers 😑!! Pip pip

Nieuwe pagina 1